The MMC Assistant Controller is responsible for all activities of the controllership function in the operating company with oversight for general accounting, financial reporting and financial systems. This role "co-owns" all accounting decisions for the operating company and reports to the US Controller.
The Assistant Controller is specifically responsible for the day to day activities of the controllership function in the assigned operating company and ensures that financial information is complete, accurate, and delivered timely. The Assistant Controller is also responsible for and ensures that the company's internal controls and financial compliance responsibilities are met. The Assistant Controller is able to work in a matrix organization, develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships, drive execution while being very collaborative and promote a team environment.
The Assistant Controller will also have the following responsibilities:
- Sets clear targets that take account of differing priorities of stakeholders and holds others accountable for the quality of support and overall stakeholder satisfaction.
- Builds relationships with stakeholders, checks-in periodically and intervenes decisively when required.
- Achieves and maintains sufficient awareness of operating company risks, operational issues and challenges to allow for proactive intervention when required and provide detailed updates to senior management.
- Provides strong proactive support to operating company controller. Supports the resolution of technical accounting matters including research and documentation and liaises closely with accounting operations team.
- Is responsible for achieving closing timetables, overseeing and adherence to regulatory, statutory and tax requirements. Supports the development of regional level accounting policies and procedures, where required, and presents financial statements for the assigned region.
- Participates in the budget process. Coordinates year end statutory, audit and taxfinancial requirements ensuring the rules and regulations are complied with.
- Oversees processes and taxreporting related to the Base Erosion and Anti-Abuse Tax (BEAT) and other tax matters.
- Assists with systems implementations and enhancements with a focus on maintaining the integrity of financial data and processes and controls.
- Responsible for the acquisition life cycle, including detailed due diligence, timely integration, accuracy of financial statement reporting and review and execution of earnout payments, as required
- Maintains a strong stakeholder engagement partnering with other finance and business colleagues in day to day operations and special projects. Ability to interface with others while working in a matrix organization. Delivers continuous improvement. Ability to drive consistent execution
We would prefer the Assistant Controller to have a CPA or Public Accountingexperience. A part of your responsibilities will be related to internal controls, SOX compliance, identifying control gaps and working withaudit. The Assistant Controller should be adept at problem solving and thinking strategically.