Role Objectives: This position is responsible for managing the Company’s Treasury, Financial Reporting, Audit Management & Payroll/Advertising Accounting.
- Oversees all Treasury functions, including the preparation of journal entries, the release of vendor payments & relationship management with existing & new banks as applicable.
- Manages external financing timelines & accrues/reconciles interest expense on outstanding debt ensuring appropriate reconciliation of same.
- Oversees Letters of Credit including the application for new LC’s, renewal of existing & requests for modifications.
- Work with new banks to put Deposit Control Agreement in place as required.
- Ensure all bank accounts are available for stores to make deposits.
- Oversees all debt obligations to ensure minimal interest expense incurred.
- Prepares amortization schedule for new debts & ensures all entries are properly booked.
- Prepares & distributes debt compliance schedules as necessary.
- Secures new credit lines for the Company & increases credit lines as necessary
- Works with procurement to manage the Corporate card program to ensure appropriate utilization & accounting & that optimum rebate dollars are achieved
- Owns all financial reporting & the reported data.
- Manages the preparation of Internal Financial Reports for Consolidation Reporting
- Manages External Financial Reporting for Banks & other Stakeholders
- Takes ownership of reported data & is prepared to provide feedback to all stakeholders regarding data provided.
- Financial reporting includes, but is not limited to; Monthly & Quarterly Parent Reporting Annual Audit Reporting & Monthly Internal Reporting.
- Manages the External Audit Process with outside audit firm.
- Works with accounting team & other departments to ensure audit requests are prepared & provided in a timely manner.
- Maintains full responsibility of the nearly $2M budget for the annual corporate & 401K audits.
- Manages the preparation of the annual review for Goodwill & Intangible Asset Impairment.
- Works closely with internal audit to ensure accounting controls are being adhered to, segregation of duties are appropriately applied & fraud considerations are being managed.
- Takes personal ownership of data requests relating to treasury & debt related issues.
- Manages the recording of payroll & advertising spend as well as accompanying reconciliations.
- Documents current accounting policies, procedures & controls ensuring control compliance.
- Assists with process improvement initiatives in the Accounting/Finance area.
- Microsoft Office including advanced Excel
- Great Plains
- G/L design & conversion
- 7+ years of accounting or finance experience
- 5+ years in a supervisory role
- Multi-location retail experience strongly preferred
- Experience with mergers & acquisitions preferred
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CPA strongly preferred
- Ability to read, analyze & interpret policies, procedures, controls & other financial documents
Now don’t fall asleep out there… the sooner that we receive your application, the closer you are to the career of your dreams!