The ideal candidate will have experience in the following but not limited to:
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and annual close process and timelines, including reviewing reconciliations for accuracy and the preparation and review of various internal and external reports and the stand-alone and consolidated financial statements within required close timeline.
- Oversee the day to day activities of the Finance Department’s Accounting operations which includes initiating and recording all transactions related to accounts payable, distributions, employee expense reimbursements, salaries and benefits, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accounts receivable, payroll etc.
- Manage the financial statement, GSA and 401K audits, including coordinating and managing audit timeline, preparing and reviewing audit work papers and the auditreport.
- Research and propose accounting treatment for complex accounting issues.
- Ensure designated internal controls are in place, monitoring effectiveness of controls and recommending and/or implementing changes as required.
- Maintain an accurate general ledger and accounting system.
- Work with Controller in managing the annual budget and rolling forecasts including cash-flow and tracking of Key Performance Indicators.
- Minimize risks relating to provisions, insurance, and contract compliance.
- Assist Controller with corporate disclosure, taxation and various special projects.
- Serve as a day to day contact for staff, management, and other departments by researching and implementing accounting treatment for transactions where necessary.
- Manage, train and evaluate designated staff within the Finance Department.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as needed.
- Document department policies and procedures.
The Assistant Controller is considered essential and qualifications must reflect (at a minimum):
- The Assistant Controller must have a Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance or equivalent degree from a four-year college or university with eight to ten years of relevant work experience with 4-5 years of work experience in a managerial role, CPArequired.
- Government Contracting/DCAA compliance experiencerequired.
- Knowledge of GAAP and other accounting concepts and experience in their application.
- Experience managing an accounting operations department and involvement in the daily/monthly closing procedures, journal entries, reconciliations and controls.
- Experience preparing and analyzing monthly financialreporting packages and financial statements.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL a plus.
- Experience with Unanet time keeping system a plus.
- Experience with Ultimate Software (Ultipro) system a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge at proficient level, particularly Excel and Word.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving ability to analyze data, identify and resolve problems within tight timeframes.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while identifying areas to improve and offering solutions to make current processes more efficient.