We are seeking an Assistant Controller to join our Berwyn office. The Assistant Controller works with the finance and accounting departments providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future.
(Please note: this position will be staffed in our Berwyn office, qualified candidates must be able to physically work in the office on a regular basis.)
- Carry out essential activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports.
- Respond to the Corporate Controller as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate the organization’s financial needs.
- Coordinate with internal personnel and third parties regularly.
- Secondary support with outside auditors; prepare various audit schedules as necessary for internal and external audit requirements.
- Aid in corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, reduce costs, improve revenues and seek best practices.
- Contribute in establishing and maintaining systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Aid project managers with project financial analysis and earned value analysis calculations.
- Assist in streamlining project billing techniques.
- Train project account managers on Microsoft Dynamics protocol for time and material, fixed fee and unit of delivery client billing.
- Support the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely coding, review, posting and payment of vendor invoices, project purchase orders and employee expense reports.
- Prepare quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports.
- Analyze labor costs and record indirect labor distribution monthly.
- Facilitate and record intercompany transactions and reconciliations.
- Participate in annual Form 5500 and §401(k) compliance.
- Engage in a wide variety of special projects and related reports.
- Learn and master advanced Microsoft Excel techniques to assist in organizational data analysis.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and
- Minimum five years in hands-on corporate accounting experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Previous experience working in the A/E Industry or other professional services
- Strong experience with ERP systems