Job Summary Together with the Controller, manages and directs the daily general accounting functions for the Senior, Staff and Junior Accountants for R Home.
- Job Responsibilities Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the HEROES principles of being Helpful, Engaged, Responsive, Outstanding, Excellent and Successful in all activities and interactions.
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the HEROES principles in all activities and interactions.
- Ensure staff completes timely month end close and financial statement preparation.
- Review Cash Availability each week to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate and maintain monthly and quarterly accounting schedule to track timely financial statement completion.
- Ensure compliance with internal control procedures including review of work papers.
- Assist Controller and Vice President - Finance with year-end audits including audit package review, responding to auditors' questions and open items to ensure a timely completion of audits and tax returns.
- Assist Controller with the management of the Personal Property Tax Return Schedules and review of Returns prepared by Accounting Team
- Research and respond to questions from investors, regulatory, and tax agencies.
- Review monthly and quarterly reports required by investors and state agencies.
- Assist in the yearly budget and Budget Reforecast preparation and review process with Operations Management.
- Recommend and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Maintain good communications and contact with all Departments.
- Additional duties as assigned by Controller and Vice President of Finance.
Together with the Controller, manages accounting staff and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the R Home Accounting team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with R Home policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Qualifications Bachelor of Science in Accounting or related field; CPA Preferred.
- 5 years of progressive accounting experience; prior experience in management preferred
- Proficiency with advanced Microsoft Excel and general ledger applications; working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional analytical skills and detail orientation.
- Excellent written communication skills including proper grammar and professional writing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with and present information to associates at all levels and a wide range of business partners.
- Ability to apply reason, logic, and advanced problem-solving skills to resolve complex issues.
- Ability to independently interpret data, draw conclusions and make recommendations based on those conclusions.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines in a high-volume environment.
- Ability to function as a team leader as well as work in a team environment.