The Assistant Controller will share in the responsibility for the financial strategy that ensures the fiscal health and sustainability, as well as for day-to-day fiscal operations for Select Milk Producers, Inc. and its subsidiary companies. In this role, the Assistant Controller will work with the senior management team to ensure the integrity of financialreporting and that business assets are appropriately recorded and protected. The incumbent will seek to establish and monitor key performance measures and locate improvement opportunities. This person must be able to "see the bigger picture". This person will interact with senior management, board members and general membership of the company.
The Assistant Controller will participate in the leadership of all accounting and financial functions at the corporate and subsidiary offices.
- Participates in the strategic financial input and leadership on decision making related to potential acquisitions and/or mergers, joint-ventures, and investments.
- Provide advice and timely, accurate analysis of budgets, financialreports and financial forecasts.
- Lead, coach develop and improve a strong accounting staff.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a system of internal controls to protect company assets.
- s. Participates in the preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements and various reports.
- Prepares, reviews and monitors safeguards as required in financing agreements.
- Prepare models and forecasts based upon projections, "what if scenarios", and any other known events and historical results to supportfinancialinvestment decisions.
- Coordinate annual inventory of fixed assets.
- Review producer payments including producer payroll insuring accurate and timely payment.
- Review all accounting processes and procedures to develop more effective, efficient and accurate methods.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Serve as a resource for and coordinate the annual financialaudit with the external auditors.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor or Masters' degree or higher with an emphasis in accounting or finance.
- Current CPA License.
- 6+ years broad-level experience in managing accountants and the accounting/finance process.
- Knowledge of the dairy industry and experience in public accounting are both preferred.
- Experience in financial and management accounting, modeling and analysis of company financials, various budgeting techniques, projections and other comparative analysis.
- Experience with COSO internal control framework design and implementation.
- Experience with accounting/financial system implementation.
- Understanding/demonstration of the ethical standards of a CPA
- Strong GAAP and financialreporting technical skills, analytical and organizational skills
- Observes deadlines and conscientious regarding the quality of work.
- Exceptional people management skills.
- Focused on continuous improvement
- Proven effective leadership skills with both internal and external individuals varying from senior to junior levels.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including the ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE:
- SAP - Business By Design knowledge and experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial and management accounting, modeling and analysis: 5years
- Supervisor: 1year
- Assistant Controller or Controller: 3years
- Dallas, TX
Required license or certification: