We currently have a great opportunity for top talent to join our Finance team as an Assistant Controller in New York City.
This position will be responsible for all areas relating to financialreporting and will be responsible in assisting the North Americas Controller for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of Financial Statements.
It addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including General Ledger preparation, financialreporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. This position will have contact with senior-level employees and the firm’s CFO and Global Controller which requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financialreporting and General Ledger structure
- Report and work closely with Controller for month end close processes within a short time frame
- Oversee and assist in all aspects of monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Ensure accuracy of Financial Statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies
- Conduct reconciliations of all major GL accounts
- Oversee and assist in AR, AP and payroll functions as required
- Oversee and assist the AR team in the daily banking requirements and bank reconciliations
- Support monthly budgeting and forecasting activities
- Collaborate with global finance departments to support overall department goals and objectives
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Monthly Balance Sheet and P & L Fluctuation Analysis
- Monthly expense variance analysis against the cash forecast
- Monthly Non-Recharge T&E analysis – reconciliation between the Sub-Ledger and GL to ensure proper accounting of each cost center. Create and disseminate costs to Management on a monthly basis
- Consolidate inter-company transactions and reconciliations including foreign currency accounting
- Assist in providing all necessary data for any tax returns (Property, sales and use tax and corporate returns)
- Interface with management in various departments, including Operations, HR, Marketing, IT and legal.
- Support Assistant Controller and Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, MBA or CPA is plus
- 7+ years prior experience in the financialreporting/general ledger area with 3 years working as a Senior Accountant, professional services experience is preferred
- Experience with large automated accounting systems, preferably with PeopleSoft and/or Anaplan
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required