Manages and develops the Accounting group, which is responsible for the integrity of the general ledger, month-end close and all account reconciliation, as well as accounts payable and fixed asset processing Participates in the development of accounting policies and procedures and ensures that they are functioning as intended. Performs senior-level accounting activities and analyses
- Oversees, manages and assumes overall responsibility of monthly, quarterly and yearly closing processes of the general ledger, assuring completeness, accuracy and reliability of all supporting processes and entries.
- Responsible for the adequacy of corporate-wide internal controls over the general and sub ledger systems and ensures compliance with standardized operating policies and procedures.
- Recommends continuous process improvements to maximize efficiency in financialreporting and operations.
- Assists with the preparation of financial, regulatory, internal and management reports as well as the annual department budget (e.g., 10-K, 10-Q).
- Stays current on all changes in bank regulatory and accounting standards. Develops, recommends and implements changes to ensure compliance.
- Either directly or through others, provides operational support to the Controller.
- Regularly assesses group productivity, performance, and implements necessary measures if standards are not being met.
- 7-12 years of related experience in financial services
- Requires the ability to think strategically coupled with superior analytical and organizational skills
- Sound knowledge of managerial accounting, cost accounting and budgeting
- Exemplary communication, leadership, mentoring, and management skills
- Familiarity with data warehouse systems, as well as computer programs and applications used by the accounting and reporting departments
- Ability to work within deadlines and provide reports on a timely basis
- Ability to function effectively as a hands-on, self-starting individual contributor as well as a manager, who assigns, monitors and evaluates the work of staff members and provides training when necessary
- Aptitude with computer software (general ledger, MS Word, Windows, Excel, and database systems) is required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Master?s degree and/or CPApreferred