At Avon, beauty is more than skin deep. We are inspired by our community of passionate women; yesterday, today, and tomorrow. The Avon Nation is all about celebrating each other and our achievements in business and in life, inviting others to join us, and committing to be a force for good.
The Assistant Controller manages the daily accounting operations of the Company, including management of Team Members both onshore and off shore.
You will report directly into the Controller and have exposure to our leadership team, including the CFO and CEO.
- Manage the month end closing activities for three markets and supports the team and the business to resolve issues encountered to comply with established due dates
- Review assigned accounts reconciliations and establishes processes to ensure accounts reconciliations are maintained in good standing following internal controls requirements
- Monitor reconciling items for all accounts reconciliations to ensure that they are resolved
- Lead process improvements in a shared service center environment that includes an external business process owner (BPO)
- Monitor the BPO’s activities to ensure completion of activities such as month end closing tasks, prepare monthly reconciliations and internal controls testing among other activities
- Monitor the performance of the BPO, through proper management of goals, providing training and establishing corrective actions
- Identify process gaps and process improvements of record to report areas of focus plans
- Perform reviews of quarterly Internal Controls Self-Assessment and establishes the remediation course of action and for all ineffective controls
- Coordinate External Audit for both quarterly and year-end audit work by establishing proper control mechanism to of the information/data requested by the auditors
- Provide technical accounting guidance to all three markets and document position papers
- Involved in external reporting bank requirements as well as compilation of the Company’s audited financial statements with the accompanying notes
- You will manage the performance of Avon team members through the performance management process and maintain our website as related to the General accounting area
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting. CPApreferred.
- Experience collaborating with team members of all management levels helping to accomplish finance and company goals
- History of coaching direct reports
- 10 years of general accounting experience preferably in the consumer products or beauty industry
- Direct management experience of a BPO
- Knowledge and experienceworking with SOX and internal controls
- Knowledge of integrated accounting/general ledger systems such as SAP, JDE or other similar tools
- Advance knowledge of Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- You previously led onsite and offshore team members
- Comfort in expressed by being able to adapt in less-structured environment
- Eligible for benefits as of date of hire (health, dental, vision, life and other voluntary programs)
- Company sponsored Life insurance, AD&D and Disability benefits with option to buy up
- Wellness incentive programs
- Commuter, Health Reimbursement (HRA) and Flexible Spending (FSA) accounts
- Family Care (back-up child and elder care) benefit Programs
- Additional voluntary benefit programs available such as group legal, critical care, accident, pet insurance and identity protection insurance.
Avon is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.