Our client is a market leader in the food retail space and owns a number of well recognized brands. Their back-office operations are essential to the ongoing development and efficiency of the organization and they wish to hire an Assistant Controller that will be responsible for all areas relating to accounting and auditing preparation.
This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely general ledgers. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, some financialreporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Prepare month end financial reports, including variance analysis.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations across departments and encourage efficiency where needed.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Respond to inquiries from the Controller and CFO regarding financial results and special reporting requests.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Directly supervise accounting manager; provide consistent feedback and support for career growth.
- Research, evaluate, develop, and recommend general financial policies/procedures and modifications to existing methods to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelors' Degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Great Plains experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel
- 7-10 years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area
- Franchise experience a plus.
- Quick Service Restaurant experience is a big plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Proven ability to manage projects and collaborate across disciplines and locations