You've been working in public accounting, survived a few busy seasons, and are feeling ready for the next move.... Now is a perfect time to consider something new.
First Business Financial Services (NASDAQ: FBIZ) is a $1.9 billion Wisconsin-based bank holding company. We are a locally managed successful, entrepreneurial, and growth-oriented financial services company that specializes in focused financial solutions for businesses, key executives, and high net worth individuals through its operating companies. Our story is compelling, and our growth strategies continue to take us coast-to-coast in employee and client footprint.
As the Assistant Controller with First Business -- you will be joining the Financial Accounting team for a publicly traded company, leading a team of accounts payable and financial accounting professionals to directly impact the business. With focused leadership development, flexibility and focus on work-life balance, and upward mobility - let this instrumental role be the next step in your career!
Take your Accounting career to the next level in the new year, and join First Business as our Assistant Controller!
Essential responsibilities for this role include:
- Serve as the primary lead for driving the overall monthly close process with a focus on comprehensive balance sheet management.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Accounting Department’s Financial Accountants for the accurate and timely distribution of legal entity reports prepared in accordance with US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Lead the Accounts Payable department, ensuring deadlines and deliverables are met timely for both internal and external customers
- Perform a detailed review on all financial reports and key analyses prior to distribution
- Continually evaluate and optimize month-end close processes, striving to deliver process automation, improved accuracy and higher customer service
- Responsible for understanding researching, handling and recording complex accounting transactions
- SEC Reporting- comply with disclosure requirements in quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 5+ years of accounting, preferably public accounting, experience
- CPA strongly preferred
- 1+ years of demonstrated formal management experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and ability to learn new systems quickly
- The ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves to support the team as and when needed