Due to continued growth, Affirmed Networks is currently seeking an Assistant Controller. The Assistant Controller will possess a CPA and prior public accounting experience. As a key member of the Finance organization, the Assistant Controller will manage and oversee a staff of 5, manage the month-end close and financial reporting process, provide business support to operational leadership, and manage all technical accounting research. The Assistant Controller must have 5+ years of management experience and will perform the following:
- You will oversee the monthly closing process and ensure the timely and accurate reporting of all monthly financial information. Coordinate a reduction in the company's monthly closing cycle.
- You will develop, analyze and interpret accounting information on a regular basis
- You will direct the preparation of timely and complete financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- You will review accounting internal control processes and continually identify opportunities for improvement
- You will assist in the enhancement of automated processes within NetSuite and other systems
- You will act as a key point of contact for external auditors and assist with the preparation of audited financial statements and schedules
- You will partner with Controller on global tax matters including assistance with preparation of the corporate tax provision and annual tax returns
- You will provide direct interface with outsourced international accounting team and coordinate compliance with all international reporting obligations and tax filings
- You will independently analyze and evaluate accounting issues and financial transactions for compliance with applicable accounting rules and assist with the implementation of new accounting pronouncements and/or interpretations
- You will provide oversight, mentoring, and training to members of the Accounting team.
- You will proactively assess and build teams to ensure appropriate resources are in place to support business growth
- You will initiate and lead other ad hoc projects and analysis focused on improving efficiencies within the Finance organization
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and public accounting experience required
- ASC 606 experience
- 10+ years of accounting experience with increasing responsibilities in the software, telecommunications or other technology industries
- In-depth knowledge, understanding and application of US GAAP
- Strong leader with a hands-on approach and proven success managing an accounting team
- Superior organizational, project management, analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel
- Ability to grow and adapt as both the Company and the Finance organization expands.