Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Our Structural Heart business is at the forefront of transforming structural heart therapies, leading the development of more advanced solutions for patient care. As a passionate, committed, and innovative group of people with a fresh perspective, we strive to be your best partner-so that you achieve successful outcomes and empower lives filled with potential. Some of the ways Abbott demonstrates its leadership in the industry include:
- Established leader in transcatheter mitral valve repair with MitraClipTM1
- Offering among the broadest occluder portfolios, with 20 years of leadership1
- Demonstrating exceptional hemodynamics with tissue valves, and an impressive 40-year legacy with mechanical valves
- Providing outstanding & competitive clinical outcomes physicians expect from the latest generation TAVI system
With our legacy of innovation, product diversity, safety, and efficacy, Abbott is your partner for structural heart therapies. Our location in Santa Clara, California currently has an opportunity for an Assistant Controller.
This position reports to the Division Controller, interacts regularly with VPs, directors, managers, and individual contributors in various divisions/organizations and represents the Division finance function when working with Corporate groups such as Financial Planning and Analysis, Reporting, Legal, and Tax.
This position is responsible for the overall financial planning process and the integrity / accuracy of the Division's financials included in reviews and ensures proper coordination across the division commercially - US, EMEA, Asia Pac, Japan, and CALA - as well as Operations, R&D, and other internal functional areas. The main functions of this position include the oversight and coordination of the Division's financial planning activities including the compilation, analysis, and distribution of management review packages for Long Range Plans, Updates, and Latest Best Estimates (LBEs). Facilitates the oversight of the preparation and analysis of Division Office P&Ls for the above planning activities as well as for month - end actuals Is the liaison between Division Finance and the various divisional financial planning groups around the world plus Corporate Finance, and oversight of all Division-level daily and month-end sales reporting.What You Will Do:
- Coordination of all scheduled planning activities (such as the creation and distribution of all division-level templates, schedules, instructions, guidelines and calendars)
Education and Experience You Will Bring:Required
- Employee management, coaching, and development for exempt individuals
- Month-end close and reporting for Division Office (journal entry review, variance analysis and commentaries, etc.)
- Coordinate financial submissions to Corporate via follow-through (via various divisional finance groups) of management review, finance-related action items
- Oversee BU/Division-level daily, month-end and ad hoc sales reporting activities
- Perform and / or coordinate ad hoc analyses (such as forecast scenarios) for Division Controller, upper-level management and Corporate
What We Offer
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience in accounting, financial planning and analysis, or financial auditing.
- Advanced degree or CPA preferred.
- 10 years of relevant work experience
- Candidate/incumbent should possess: - ability to clearly, concisely and accurately communicate with others through various means; - ability to interact with finance and non-finance professionals at all levels
- Demonstrated initiative, analytical thinking, critical-thinking, problem-solving skills; - ability to operate independently with broad scope of responsibility under minimal supervision and under challenging time constraints.
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:www.abbottbenefits.com
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com
, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott
and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.JOB FAMILY:
Financial Planning and Analysis DIVISION:
AVD Vascular LOCATION:
United States > Santa Clara : Building A - SC ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
No MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
No SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf