ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
We are a premier east coast construction firm passionate about our clients’ success. Since 1972 we have worked in close collaboration with clients to create facilities that support their organizational goals. We provide a robust set of integrated tools that includes construction management, planning, preconstruction, and design. From offices in Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Florida, we are experts in the Education, Senior Living, Healthcare, Corporate/Industrial, and Hospitality and Tourism markets.
Our people are known for intense teamwork that results in innovative, value-added facility solutions that benefit our clients’ operations and profitability. Services are delivered in a wide variety of formats including construction management at risk, design build – using both in house and third party design, and as a general contractor. Quality, safety, budget and schedule are the measures of success.
The Assistant Superintendent provides direct support to the Project Superintendent. As such, he/she must be familiar with the Superintendent’s job duties as well as the contract documents, plans, specifications, budget and schedule. An Assistant Superintendent must serve an apprenticeship to a Project Superintendent on larger projects. He/she may be assigned to fulfill the Superintendent’s role on specific phases on complex or large construction projects.
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A-E representatives and other contractors in a professional manner and local building officials.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions (engineering, scheduling and coordination of material deliveries), subcontracts, equipment and manpowerrequirements.
- Plan, direct and supervise company quality functions and activities as established by Cutler Associates, Inc. and Owner.
- Administrate project safety program to maintain a safe and healthy work environment in compliance with corporate safety plan, regulations by Owner, State and OSHA regulations. Maintain a jobsite safety officer who will conduct safety meetings on a regular basis, maintain logs and supervise safety with subcontractors. Contact the company Safety Officer as needed.
- Provide technical assistance, interpret drawings, and develop construction methods consistent with contract documents, budget and schedule. Participate in purchasing and scheduling commitments with Project Manager. Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures and standards.
- Authorize and/or approve field change order requests with documentation.
- Communicate daily with Project Manager for job progress, purchasing, subcontractors, scheduling, etc. and maintain and update the construction schedule on weekly basis.
- Attend weekly project meetings with Owner and Architect and subcontractors.
- Prepare daily construction reports, time sheets, safety logs, equipment rentals, code and initial delivery slips.
- Maintain a complete set of up-to-date drawings and shop drawing file. Record and maintain "as-built drawings".
- Generate RFI’s to the Architect and Owner.
- Keep an up to date license.
- Document and record field orders and extra work initiated by Owner or Architect.
- Prepare estimates and quantity take-offs as required along with purchasing material and services with competitive pricing in conjunction with PM.
- Review and initiate procedures and control for jobsite security and monitor on a regular basis.
- Procure and maintain Company owned equipment, tools and supplies. Provide inventory as required.
- Participate in the development of training programs established for CAI employees and provide mentorship for tradesmen.
- Provide evaluations and performance reviews of assigned CAI personnel. Take a personal interest in their well being and provide opportunity for career development.
- Review cost projections and schedule with the Project Manager to ensure it reflects how the work will proceed.
- Review design progress with Cutler Design including plan review, constructability of details, plan and specification compliance and participate in progress meetings.
- Actively support and enforce Cutler Associates, Inc. Corporate safety culture, goals and policies.
- Coordinate testing and keep a log of tests made onsite.
- Ensure all regulatory inspections are done including coordinating subcontractor inspections.
- Maintain an up to date building code book.
- Have the ability to do Field Engineering, e.g. building layout.
Educational and experience requirements include: Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience. Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required. Thorough knowledge of jobsite safety requirements and regulations a must. Must possess a working knowledge of construction scheduling, cost control and have the ability to communicate with and supervise large groups of people.
FLSA - NON-EXEMPT LOCATION: Cutler Associates, Inc. - Massachusetts