Position at Pilgrim's
ASSISTANT COMPLEX MANAGER
Direct and manage all vertical alignment functions within the Complex; from grow out and boilers to processing, packaging, and distribution.
- Directs production and/or processing at a facility with multiple plants.
- Responsible for associated facilities and live operations via oversight of those managers.
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines and human resources.
- Monitors production costs and product quality.
- Modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operations.
- Prepares budget and makes recommendations to top management.
- Sets production and processing goals for plants.
- Responsible for operational compliance with safety directives
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to productivity, labor efficiencies, and reducing plant costs
- Identify training needs of production management and facilitate development of operational management staff
- In concert with Plant Managers, establish accountabilities and goals used for performance evaluation
Education: Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Typically requires 10+ years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience. DIRECTLY RELATED work experience will be accepted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Experience in both processing and live operations strongly preferred.
- Proven experience managing and motivating others for maximum performance.
- Team player with leadership skills
- Good work ethic
- Excellent organizational, math and statistical skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understand and comply with Company policy and procedures
- Ability to handle conflict; interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office. Proficiency in Excel preferred
- Knowledge and technical skills in a variety of production jobs
- Strong multi-tasking skills are necessary
- Strong analytical skills & problem solving
Internal: Plant personnel, senior team and production employees. Frequent contact with Corporate HQ and Business Unit Head
Manages: Directly supervise Plant Managers