Move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you'll join us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets our customers to their destinations on time and we’re looking to hire talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.
- Directs the activities of the Rail Infrastructure Structures group in all aspects of engineering design. Ensures accurate and timely development of shop and/or construction drawings and specifications in support of in-house or contract forces.
- Directs the activities of the Project Managers, Engineers, Bridge Inspectors, and support staff in the progress of design-related activities. Ensures a well-defined work scope, complete, timely, and bid ready design products.
- Administers the distribution and assignment of design and construction projects with respect to the budget, time, and technical requirements.
- Directs engineering staff as needed, in the required procurement protocols and Board approval processes for the successful award of design and/or construction service contracts.
- Provides cost-effective maintenance practices, which ensures safe, reliable and efficient Rail service.
- Directs the development, monitoring, and control of schedules and budgets for the department’s overhead, undergrade, bridge painting, tie deck, and right-of-way programs in order to ensure the rail infrastructure remains in a state of good repair.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related area, or equivalent and nine (9) years of experience in the design, construction, and/or maintenance of railroad infrastructure – with an emphasis in structures, to include a minimum of three (3) years in a supervisory role.
- NJ Professional Engineering License is required.
- This position may require service to be performed outside normal business hours.
At NJ Transit you will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefit package:
- Comprehensive Family Health Insurance - Prescription, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- 401(a), 401(k), Retirement Plans - up to 9% match
- Tuition Assistance