Leads regional development products and under general guidance of the Manager, Brand Development, participates in the development and implementation of global brand development plans by independently gathering information and providing key review at various points in the planning process, develops analyses of pricing, cost and competitor information, develops options for products and packaging, and ensures the accurate, consistent communication of information to the manager, Brand Development and to key partners. Generates and evaluates solutions to address timeline issues as they arise and provides recommendations to Brand Manager and Project Lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Under the direction of the Brand Manager, leads the commercialization of regional and global new products, formula updates and packaging changes. Collaborates and communicates with creative, product development, regulatory, CCE, and region marketing teams to manage/advance projecttimelines. Evaluates competitive products and provides formula and package direction to internalpartners for product development. Evaluates and provides preliminary approvals on product and package aesthetics. Works with creative and packaging teams to develop the look and function of the product package. May lead resolution efforts of any project challenges to keep the project moving toward launch date.
2. Develops new product concepts and strategies in collaboration with Brand manager.
Completes market and competitive reviews to understand product gaps. Monitors trends in cosmetics and fashion.
Works with Director, Product Positioning to create product positioning documents (PPD's) and Brand Books for future products as well as updating current product positioning documents for re-promotions. Prepares pricing recommendations based on competitive analysis, secondary research and internalcost parameters.
3. Prepares the components of product business cases for regional and limited edition programs. Recommends business cases to project leadership team and regional marketing teams. Provides post production launch analysis to manager, director and VP to evaluate the success of recent launches and to help design potential improvements for the future. Reviews independent sales force and industry feedback in the form of blogs, editor reviews, etc. Makes recommendations that affect future product launches.
4. Leads the development and recommendation of consumer and product research including qualitative consumer research, consumer claims tests and, when required, clinical testing.
5. Provides training and coaching to marketing associates and/or administrative support.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration or related field (MBA preferred)
1. Must have an understanding of Mary Kay Asia Pacific markets, Mary Kay's manufacturing operations worldwide, and other cultures. Knowledge of Mary Kay products, project processes, and business fundamentals is critical.
2. Proven track record of product development management required to lead the tactical aspects of the product marketing cycle from product plan through product commercialization and end-market launch. Must demonstrate a high level of problem solving, planning and negotiating skill.
3. Excellent communication skills required to establish credibility and form business partnerships with clients locally and globally, to provide clear product/brand positioning, and to exchange information with individuals at various levels of the organization. Must be strong, assertive personality balanced with a respect for others.
4. Must be a strategic thinker with a broad perspective and, at the same time, demonstrate an acute attention to detail and the ability to execute flawlessly.
5. Must have the ability to perform duties under general direction and independently perform assignments with only general criteria for expected results and possess a high level of time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
6. Travel required up to 15% of time in order to visit Asia Pacific region for the regional meeting and market study, attend special events to include; beauty and marketing trend seminars.
7. Strong verbal and written skills needed both local in-market (Mandarin preferred) language and excellent in English language.