Responsible for successful execution of safe operations, business strategy, and consistent compliance with MRC procedures and controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Coordinate employee understanding, ownership, and compliance with all safety guidelines; drive a rigorous approach to the identification and correction of hazards, evaluation of risks, and implementation of prevention and control measures;
• Ensure all required incident reporting is performed in a timely manner using appropriate process; Oversee the implementation of corrective measures arising from incident investigation and hazard reports;
• Provide information and support in the preparation of the branch budget;
• Coordinate activities of the administrative, sales and warehouse personnel as appropriate to the branch;
• Ensure cycle count programs are executed according to plan;
• Lead employees to anticipate and solve problems and plan for workload changes;
• Motivate and challenge employees and encourage growth and development;
• Set clear expectations and measure results through consistent and timely communication/feedback;
• Identify, perform, or obtain training required for employees to perform job tasks;
• Maintain confidential information pertaining to normal supervisory duties;
• Comply and promote awareness and understanding of MRC policies, procedures and expectations to all employees, to include strict enforcement and compliance with DOT and SOX compliance guidelines;
• In the absence of the Branch Manager or as otherwise delegated by the Branch Manager, performs assigned duties of Branch Manager;
• Provide recommendations to Branch Manager for branch financial, operational, sales, people and service related objectives to drive continuous improvement and efficiency;
• Assist in determining appropriate routing of incoming work/accounts;
• Perform and coordinate inside sales activities including customer service, purchasing, inventory control, shipping and receiving, or support;
• Work with the Branch Manager to develop strategies and objectives to maximize productivity and leverage expenses;
• Review, monitor, and communicate gross margin goals for branch and sales team.
• Coordinate communication between the sales office and the warehouse to assure efficient and timely deliveries to customers;
• Establish a friendly and effective working relationship with customer's and internal partner's written and verbal correspondence, and other effective interpersonal skills;
• Maintain 24-hour availability as needed in order to lend assistance to Branch Manager;
• Perform other duties within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job;
• Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
Education, Experience & Ability Requirements
Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
• Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work;
• Any combination of three or more years in customer service, inside sales and/or warehouse services in a position with increasing responsibility, to include demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience;
• Demonstrated competence in the use of computers and software applications;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and promote ideas and transfer detailed knowledge to others;
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations;
• Willingness and ability to be on call as needed to provide 24-hour service to customers;
• Willingness and ability to travel within and outside branch service area, with occasional overnight stays;
• Certification or ability to be certified to operate fork trucks, overhead cranes, and other heavy equipment;
• Valid Driver’s license with the ability to meet the MRC vehicle policy.
• Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
• Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries;
• Ability to understand and comply with MRC guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.