Function/Duties of Position
The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the university’s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service. This position will be ranked as Assistant of Associate Professor, depending on education and experience of the finalist.
- Education: This position serves as the Director of the Electrophysiology fellowship program. Duties include steering the direction of the EP fellowship program, engaging faculty and staff in programmatic endeavors. As teaching is an important portion of the cardiology mission, this position will be responsible for the teaching of medical students, residents and fellows and disseminating information to the Cardiology group and OHSU in general through Grand Rounds presentations. As is selecting, mentoring and developing the skills of program participants.
- Clinical: This position serves as clinical cardiologist in the electrophysiology section in the Knight Cardiovascular Institute. Duties include clinic outpatient and in-patient rotations, efforts in the electrophysiology lab and at KCVI’s outreach locations. This position will be responsible to serve a fair share of call coverage.
- Administration: As the Director of the Electrophysiology fellowship program, this position will have dedicated FTE to meet the administrative requirements of the position. Other Administrative duties will be assigned based on your interests and Institute needs.
- Board Certification in Cardiology
- Board Certified/Eligible in Electrophysiology
- 5 or more years of post-Fellowship experience in Electrophysiology
- Prior experience working in an academic health facility, educating students, residents and fellows
- Ability to work evenings and weekends for call coverage