$80K — $100K *
The Congdon School of Health Sciences at High Point University invites applications for an open search for a full-time 12-month, faculty position in Anatomy at the Instructor or Assistant/Associate Professor rank. The position is a dual appointment in the Departments of Exercise Science and Physical Therapy and will involve teaching both undergraduate and clinical doctorate students. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The anticipated start date for this position is January 4, 2020.
The Departments of Exercise Sciences and Physical Therapy are teaching-oriented with faculty from diverse scientific disciplines who share a common interest in the human form, physical activity and the human movement paradigm. We have interest in candidates with competency in teaching undergraduate and graduate human anatomy, human anatomy lab with dissection, advanced human anatomy, advanced human anatomy lab with human cadaveric dissection, and human microanatomy/histology.
The position will have primary teaching responsibilities in graduate gross anatomy in the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree program and undergraduate human anatomy and lab with dissection as well as advanced human anatomy with human cadaveric dissection. The faculty member will work and collaborate with Congdon School of Health Sciences anatomists in a brand new, state-of-the-art anatomy laboratory and anatomical gifts program. The faculty member will also have designated a research laboratory.
The Departments of Exercise Science and Physical Therapy are part of the Congdon School of Health Sciences which is also the academic home to the Departments of Physician Assistant Studies and Athletic Training. High Point University is committed to the development of a world class environment for education, research and entrepreneurship.
All applicants must submit the following AS ONE DOCUMENT: A letter of interest addressing qualifications, curriculum vitae with complete professional and academic history, an unofficial transcript of your highest degree awarded, and names and contact information of three professional references. For additional information please contact: Dr. Dan Tarara, Chair, Department of Exercise Science, Congdon School of Health Sciences, at: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Office (336) 841-4604. Applications can be submitted through the following portal link: http://www.highpoint.edu/administration/employment-opportunities/
• Ph.D. in Anatomy or related field. Candidates with a background in Anthropology are encouraged to apply.
• Postdoctoral experience and strong academic credentials in the discipline of anatomy or related field
Experience and Training:
• Academic teaching experience on the undergraduate or graduate levels.
Tenure-track eligible candidates need the following:
• Develop a research agenda.
• Publish Peer-reviewed manuscripts
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
• Contribute to the educational and research missions of the department, school and university
• Record of excellence in teaching and research, and a commitment to excellence in Anatomy education and research.
• Participation in didactic and laboratory teaching activities covering undergraduate human anatomy in the HPU School of Health Sciences curricula as determined by the Department Chair.
• Serve as the lead instructor of graduate gross anatomy.
• Provide mentorship and advisement for students in the Department of Exercise Science.
• Communicate teaching and research activities through frequent and effective communication with the Department Chair.
• Publish scientific findings in high-quality peer-reviewed journals and present research at national and international meetings.
• Integrate and enhance interactions between the Departments of Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, and Athletic Training in areas of research, education, and service.
• Advance the service missions of the Departments of Exercise Science and Physical Therapy, Congdon School of Health Sciences and High Point University to meet community needs.
• Act as a representative and advocate for the department, school, and the university.
• Actively participate in committees within the department, school, and university in professional and governmental organizations.
Valid through: 10/26/2020
$80K — $100K
14 days ago