This position will help design and conduct research for the Emory-Sage-SGC led TREAT-AD Center and will benefit from opportunities for career development in a vibrant research environment.
- Under minimal supervision, the Assistant Academic Research Scientist performs a wide range of highly technical and complex tasks necessary to advance basic and/or translational research programs.
- Responsible for working with experimental platforms specific to the hiring Program.
- Duties will include but are not limited to experimental design, data analysis, and interpretation and communication of results of basic and/or translational research.
- Will be required to review literature and apply advanced knowledge, skills, and input necessary for protocol development.
- May assist in grant and other funding applications, as necessary and appropriate.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
- PhD or MD OR Master's degree and five years of professional level experience in a technical or research lab.
- Internship experience or experience prior to attaining the qualifying degree is not considered eligible work experience for this job classification.
- Laboratory experience will be based on area of assignment.
- Experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, or cell biology with proficiency in mammalian cell culture technique
- Background in neuroscience research is a plus, but not required
- Technical experience in biochemical or biological assay development or exposure to high throughput screening