About CitiCiti, the leading global bank, has approximately200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range offinancial products and services, including consumerbanking and credit, corporate andinvestmentbanking, securities brokerage, transaction services, andwealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing thecapital markets on behalf of ourclients.Citi’sMission and Value Proposition explains what we do andCiti Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to ourclients by responsibly providingfinancial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain ourclients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serveclients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this samediversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best peoplewant to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect forothers and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.Job Description The Corporate Actions and Proxy Department encompass monitoring of the U.S. Canada and seven Latin American countries for information considered necessary for ourclient base. The process spans from identification through processing to completion all aspects of the Corporate Action and ProxyEvent.It is a high-pressure environment as you are the face to theclient and subject to numerousdeadlines and quality measures. The unit announces approximately 2,300events a week and is involved in approximately $36 billion in value each week.KeyResponsibilities
- Responsible for managing a team of approximately 10-15 employees.
- Develop and maintain the departmental budget including technology development.
- Achieve or exceed forecasted FTE and expense goals.
- Identify and implement service enhancements and process improvements.
- Lead re-engineering, efficiency management, quality improvement, and cost optimization efforts.
- Develop and manage productivity and quality standards to optimize efficiency.
- Ensure department adheres to all audit policies and procedures.
- Manage various client relationships
- Manage risk on a daily basis
- Effectively interact with other operating units and managers
Skills/QualificationsManagement: Leadership, Interpersonal, Communication, Analytical, andAdministrative.Functional: Accounting, Credit analysis, Project Management, Strategic Planning, Purchasing, Systems &Technology.Technical: Systems Analysis, Data Center Management,LANAdministration, Spreadsheets, and Word Processing.
- 5+ years experience in Corporate Actions
- 3+ years of management experience
- Ability to discuss/Negotiate/Explain events/instructions with clients and market players
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong PC skills are required. Must be able to work with Microsoft Excel and handle data analysis.
- Ability to understand complex products, processes and business requirements
- Strong interpersonal/relations/influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability in leading process improvements/Reengineering initiatives and implementation
- Strong Influencing and negotiating skills. Ability to work across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and to the highest level of accuracy and accountability
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with high energy
- Ability to work under pressure in a high risk & tight deadline environment
- Highest level of integrity, maturity and ethics
- Professional, committed, flexible and diplomatic
- Job ID: 17076875