The utmost responsibility of the Reliability Engineer is to insure that the impacted maintenance activities are carried out with the highest regard to environmental integrity and personnel safety.
Responsible for growing the preventative and predictive maintenance process while constantly striving for 100% reliability / uptime of equipment & operating systems. Methods to attack this include utilizing the RCA methodology in determining root cause, contributing factors, & corrective actions. This technique will include preserving evidence, investigating failures, meeting with vendors / suppliers / contractors to identify & prevent failures, develop new techniques and methods, improving on existing practices, and expanding the knowledge of site personnel. The incumbent will be responsible for recommending solutions & institutionalizing the actions to correct & eliminate system reliability failures.
Monitoring the performance of equipment with reporting of mean time between failure data & providing maintenance cost data are responsibilities of the incumbent while working closely with operations personnel to determine the priority for improving performance of equipment & systems. The Reliability Engineer will work closely with maintenance mechanics and operating technicians to improve knowledge, techniques, procedures, etc. that adversely affect equipment or product reliability.
The Reliability Engineer will be the key technical resource to assist maintenance personnel with preventative & predictive maintenance systems such as vibration analysis, lubrication programs, oil analysis, laser alignment, ultrasonic, corrosion monitoring (non-destructive testing), thermography, motor current analysis, motor circuit evaluation, etc. The incumbent will be the primary site contact for maintenance mechanical integrity programs including pressure-coded vessels, etc.
Insure that the technical content of the Maintenance Procedures reflects the world-class practices for the Chemical Industry.
Work closely with project engineers or technical advisors to establish and enhance design standards that minimize life cycle costs and support high reliability are additional responsibilities.
Constantly be looking for opportunities for reducing the dependency on maintenance personnel during times of normal operation. Training operators on troublesome equipment and identifying opportunities for Operator Performed Maintenance are expectations of the Reliability Engineer.
Utilize many computer based systems such as the Computerized Maintenance Management System (EMPAC / SAP – Future), Root Cause Analysis Software (PROACT), Microsoft Software Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), and other industry standard software tools.
• BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.• 4 years (or more) experience in a manufacturing environment. • Outstanding mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical equipment and systems.
• Excellent communication skills are necessary. • Experience in reliability tools for preventative & predictive techniques is preferred.• Able to read, write, perform basic mathematics, competent with computer business software, provide clear / concise written & verbal communication.• Able to work with and influence a diverse group from operations technicians & craftsperson’s to site & business management.• Must be a self-starter with the capability to facilitate discussions.• Function under time pressures.• Drawing conclusions from written or computer generated materials.• Creating methodologies for accomplishing a goal.• Implementing recommendations by coordinating resources.• Directing and influencing activities of others to accomplish a goal.• Analyzing data or report information.• Conducting research.• Developing plans, procedures, goals, strategies or processes based on data analysis or experience
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
The Reliability Engineer will represent maintenance as the expert in the assessment & optimization of PPM’s. Often the incumbent will utilize maintenance personnel to obtain expert advice in the representation for PPM assessment & analysis. The Reliability Engineer will own the development & implementation of action plans from the PPM assessment.
Root Cause Corrective Actions:
The Reliability Engineer is the site expert in the RCA methodology & the PROACT software. He / she will lead the assembly of a team, the Root Cause Analysis for the identified chronic & sporadic failure modes, determine causes, identify & document corrective actions, and institutionalize the improvement. This methodology includes preserving the event data, ‘ordering’ the analysis team, analyzing the data, communicating the finding & recommendations, and tracking the bottom line results. The Reliability Engineer will be intimately involved in the development and implementation of solutions for site reliability issues.
Reliability Centered Maintenance:
The Reliability Engineer will support operations in the development of the RCM program & represent maintenance in the risk analysis of systems to determine the criticality. The incumbent will lead the implementation of updating the CMMS system to indicate the criticality ratings. He / she will assist in the implementation of actions from the RCM / risk analysis.
The Reliability Engineer will be the primary contact for maintenance mechanical integrity programs. During PSM, ISO, FM, & Regulatory audits the Reliability Engineer will be the primary contact for maintenance mechanical integrity coordinating the interviews and locating the supporting documentation.
Preventative & Predictive Maintenance Tools:
The Reliability Engineer will be the key technical resource to assist maintenance personnel with preventative & predictive maintenance systems such as vibration analysis, lubrication programs, oil analysis, laser alignment, corrosion monitoring (non-destructive testing), thermography, motor current analysis, motor circuit evaluation, etc.