The Asset Protection Director, Analytics & Fraud Management will be responsible for leading teams focused on delivering insights and managing fraud risk for the enterprise through the use of advanced technology and statistical analysis. The Analytics & Fraud Management teams will serve multiple internal customers at the Ascena level and within the brands. The Director, Analytics & Fraud Management role will be tasked with providing strategic direction as well as ensuring high-level execution for multiple Asset Protection functions including exception-based reporting, investigative support, fraud review, fraud ruleset management, shrink reporting, statistical modeling, and delivery of data-driven responses to business inquiries.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead strategy and execution of enterprise-wide exception based reporting (EBR) and eCommerce fraud management functions and software applications. Lead the training and performance of the Asset Protection Analytics, Fraud Management, and Field teams in execution of the functions and usage of the software applications. Monitor application effectiveness and fraud trends in order to optimize profit improvement.
- Lead the process of delivering data-driven answers to Asset Protection-related questions within the enterprise. Manage recurring projects such as shrink reporting, Asset Protection data management, and the AP high-shrink store program as well as new projects as they become necessary. Develops and updates documents for analysis in different formats based upon needs of business. Position the Asset Protection Analytics & Fraud Management teams as the main analytical resource for the Asset Protection department as well as cross-functional partners throughout the enterprise.
- Develop, implement, and manage an enterprise-wide predictive shrink modeling program to provide between-inventory trending on store performance as it relates to shrink. Manage partnerships across all brands to gain access to relevant data. Conduct special projects as required such as assisting in creating presentations, proposals, etc. Build model capable of generating actionable predictions. Communicate insights from the program to Field Asset Protection team and any other relevant parties.
- Lead vendor relationships and administration for Asset Protection systems such as EBR, data management, data visualization, and statistical analysis applications to ensure that all systems are performing at a consistently high level.
- Provide leadership and development for direct reports and their teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Asset Protection-related exception reporting/fraud review systems and processes in a retail/ecommerce operations environment.
- Proven experience in managing direct reports.
- Experience conducting Asset Protection investigations (Wicklander-Zulawski certification a plus)
- Experience conducting statistical analyses, creating visualizations of data, and building predictive models
- Basic understanding of relational databases and database querying (experience with SQL, MS Access, etc. a plus). Familiarity with data visualization (i.e. Tableau) is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to interact with and present data-driven topics to multiple levels of the enterprise; problem-solving and creative thinking skills. Proven track record of influence and impact skills.
- Advanced knowledge with MS Office suite (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Occasional domestic and international travelrequired
- Ability to work a variety of hours.
- Proven experience of building teams and collaborative partnerships both internally and externally.