The Asset Manager will support the Senior Housing group in the management and oversight of its real estate portfolio by continuously cultivating relationships with several third-party management companies who operate nearly 280 properties. The Asset Manager will be responsible for working with the managers to assure compliance with management agreements, review financial performance monthly, and identify opportunities to add value to the portfolio through repositioning, capital improvements, and insights from data analytics. The Asset Manager will assist the Director and Senior Vice President in reporting and presenting performance results to members of Ventas’s executive leadership team. Working cross-functionally with various departments including Investments, Legal, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Risk, the Asset Manager will gain exposure to many areas of the business.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with operating partners in Ventas’s SHOP portfolio
- Review monthly performance; host monthly and quarter results calls with operators; identify problems early-on and communicate them to Director
- Provide feedback to Director regarding changes to internal forecast model based on operator calls and monthly performance trends
- Make recommendations to Director and SVP regarding opportunities to improve property performance and financial reporting
- Understand loan/lease documents and monitor compliance
- Conduct site visits to critical properties and markets, particularly to confirm accurate annual budgets, identify and track capital projects, and deepen understanding of market fundamentals & competitive dynamics
- Support internal reporting processes, including facilitation of monthly and quarterly reporting templates to Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) for inclusion in the Monthly Business Review with the Chief Financial Officer
- Coordinate with Construction & Development team to monitor and report progress on active development and redevelopment projects within the portfolio
- Prepare and present ad hoc analysis to Ventas executive leadership team regarding strategic and tactical opportunities for the portfolio; assist in preparation of materials for Ventas’s quarterly Board of Directors meeting
- Monitor and report on industry trends, publications, news releases, etc; work closely with Senior Housing Analytics team to leverage databases and software platforms to benchmark portfolio performance vs. industry trends across property types and markets
- Monitor earnings results for other healthcare REITs and seniors housing operators
- Lead, train and manage two Financial Analysts (direct reports)
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, Accounting or similar business field; MBA preferred
- 5-10 years of post-undergraduate experience with a real estate owner/developer/manager, debt and/or equity investor, financial services firm, or a related asset management entity; senior housing experience preferred
- Experience reviewing/interpreting lease, loan, and operating/management agreements
- Familiarity with financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows)
- Microsoft Office proficiency, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong presentation and speaking skills; strong written communication skills
- Ability to work with many deadlines, time requirement conflicts, management pressures and ambiguity, within a fast-paced, team-oriented and lean environment
- Willingness to occasionally work long and unpredictable hours
- Willingness to travel 10-20%
Ventas, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to the successful candidate.
Ventas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.