The San Diego Airport Authority is proud of its team members, we have a high performing culture and challenge ourselves through innovations...we work fast, value each other and have fun along the way.
The Revenue Generation & Partnership Development department is looking for a self-directed individual with demonstrated experience in writing, negotiating and enforcing contracts and agreements in an Asset Manager role. The ideal candidate will help to develop and administer passenger services programs; negotiate and manage agreements and relationships with rental car companies; and act as the department's main point of contact for ongoing operations of the Rental Car Center. The successful candidate may also assist with duties related to other revenue generating initiatives, such as advertising and parking revenue, as required, and;
- Conduct complex real property and program negotiations and transactions; prepare and facilitate selection processes for Requests for Proposals; prepare and administer airport-related real property or program agreements, such as leases, operating agreements, easements, permits, licenses, etc.
- Analyze the financial qualifications of prospective tenants, business operators and partners; participate in the tenant improvement process for the build out and implementation of new and/or refreshed Passenger Services concepts.
- Prepare and present updates, proposals and other relevant information pertaining to real estate projects to the Board, developers, contractors, consultants and stakeholders from other jurisdictions.
- Partner with the Program Managers to develop strategies for new partnerships and programs to generate non-airline revenue; including working with key stakeholders to negotiate and implement the build out and operation of a new commercial space within the Rental Car Center.
- Establish, manage and maintain positive relationships with tenants and stakeholders; lead ongoing tenant meetings and communications.
- Research and manage assigned properties, real property projects and programs; participate in developing program and project plans and budgets; conduct market analyses of real property; perform periodic renegotiation of rents and other rates and charges.
- Relationship Management: Builds and maintains collaborative working relations with stakeholders, identifies and relates information, ideas and problems, champion's initiatives and ideas based on collaborative solutions.
- Communication: To proficiently and tactfully exchange and interpret information verbally and in writing, facilitate, persuade and complete presentations.
- Influence: Ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions.
- Critical Thinking: Critically reviews and translates business requirements, data and information to specify solutions or alternative practice in support of business objectives and strategies.
- Problem-Solving/Agility: Use of effective judgement and self-direction to analyzes situation, factors and collaboratively generate solutions, readily adapts behavior or new work methods, evolving and unexpected situations.
Experience & Education:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with major in business or public administration, finance, real estate or a closely related field;
- Five years of progressively responsible professional experience involving commercial or industrial asset management, property management, and/or real estate development, preferably in an airport environment;
- Equivalent combination of training and experience.
Depending on experience, hiring reward is $77,633 - $102,863.
***This position is reserved for current SDCRAA employees only, all other applications will not be considered. The posting will close for applications on August 12th.***
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Physical & Mental Demands
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.