Arbor, a real estate investment trust that invests in a diversified portfolio of multifamily and commercial real estate-related loans and other real estate-related assets, has a career opportunity within Arbor's Uniondale or Depew, NY office for an Asset Manager. The Asset Manager will be responsible for the management of assets in Arbor Realty Trust’s (ART) loanportfolio.
The Asset Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Perform financial analysis of properties including operating statements, budget and variance review, loan administration and borrower support, workout and foreclosure analysis, lease analysis, appraisal and engineering report reviews, etc.
- Assess loanrisk within the portfolio and make recommendations to senior management to mitigate the risk.
- Perform quarterly property level valuations in order to value the asset.
- Conduct market research to determine various factors impacting property level performance.
- Prepare quarterly reports, valuations and risk ratings.
- Oversee borrower implementation of business plan(s) associated with a variety of real estate-related assets, including mezzanine and bridgeloans, REO properties and preferredequity positions.
- Work closely with senior management in analyzing strategies for workouts, foreclosures, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Review and interpret legal documents, such as loan agreements, guarantees, and promissory notes, and coordinate with borrower and respective staff to ensure the loans remain in compliance.
- Monitor capital improvement projects to ensure timely completion within budgets.
- Additional loan servicing and reporting as needed.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Real Estate
A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Real Estate with an emphasis on risk/financial analysis, valuations, relationship management, workouts, capital markets and Asset Management
- Strong knowledge of real estate markets with a particular emphasis on multifamily, office, retail, and senior living sectors
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on teams in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- The ability to train analytical staff
- Loan servicing system experience a plus
Travel is required up to 10%