Description Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Responsible for providing quantitative and strategic insight into Plant Operations and Maintenance. Analyzes application and understands implications of data regarding major maintenance and economic characteristics for use in commercial decision-making. Ensures contractual obligations are met in the most cost effective manner and projects operate in accordance with financial contracts and agreements. Manages existing project investments to ensure optimum economic performance and efficient utilization of Calpine’s generating-asset portfolio.
• Manages multiple department functions with an operational focus.
• Manages activities of broad functional area through first level management and professionals, including full human resources, cost and budgetary accountability.
Decision Making & Impact
• Decisions typically related to implementation of department strategy, intradepartmental coordination, and business outcomes.
• Results have significant impact on costs and achievement of department objectives.
• Identifies opportunities which make a significant difference to the performance of multiple department functions and possibly organization-wide impact.
• Makes decisions for large-scale projects, a closely related set of projects and/or initiatives involving multiple functional areas.
Work Complexity & Independent Judgment
• Establishes operational objectives for multiple functions including work plans and delegating assignments to subordinate managers and senior professionals.
• Works within broad guidelines; applies advanced technical knowledge of multiple functions to solve complex problems which may have long-term impact on the department.
• Manages multiple functions within a department with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods and employees.
• Responsible for performance reviews, promotional decisions, and pay actions for top professionals and management.
Requirements • Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, computational science, engineering, finance, economics, or accounting or equivalent. Prefer Master’s Degree.
• Previous management experience.
• Typically requires minimum of 10+ years in area of specialization.