The purpose of this position is to develop and maintain a strategic position on reliability improvement with medium and high voltage electrical systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Develop long range plan for electrical systems and electrical components at HRO, including:
o Design and oversight of Preventive Maintenance (PM) Activity
o Obsolescence and Replacement Management
o Application of corporate and Industry standards and procedures
o Development of turnaround scope
• Develop and Implement Preventive Maintenance programs for area, ensuring
proper testing methods and proper testing frequencies are In place for critical electrical systems and components
o Analyze PM data to adjust PM frequency based on record.
o Implement Industry best practices into HRO PM procedures
• Provide Asset Team support through:
o Guidance to asset team relation to best practices documented In the engineering standards, procedures, and guidelines
o Assistance to maintenance execution and troubleshooting for complex jobs and unscheduled events
o Track and report on area bad actors. Work to systematically remove defects in the system.
o Development of TA scope and proactive participation in TA core teams through engineering execution support
o Leading or participating In PHAs and RCFA teams as required
• Lead or represent the electrical department oversight of expense and small capital
o Generates and/or reviews, and approves capital project packages within asset area.
o Works to ensure proper design per engineering standards and guidelines of electrical systems.
• Support HRO's development or technical competencies by:
o Mentoring less experienced engineers and co-ops, participate in on- boarding process
o Perform discipline specific training to other engineers, discipline craft, and operations
• Ensure Integrity of engineering records associated with electrical systems In, Including:
o Ensuring correct calibration methods maintained.
o Ensuring data management system (such as SAP, lntools, Engineering Drawings, etc.) remain accurate and are updated In timely manner
o Ensuring proper update MOC practices are followed for all changes
• Responsible for the safe and reliable running of all electrical systems In plant
• Responsible for developing the long range plan as well as maintaining and reviewing plant electrical procedures
• Responsible for establishing area PM and Electrical Inventory Management practices
• Oversee implementation of electrical scope of expense, capital and general Improvement projects In Asset Area
• Constructive participation In Investigation and resolution of unplanned events
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience working in a manufacturing environment