The purpose of this position is to develop and maintain a strategic position in reliability improvement with medium and high voltage electrical systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
Develop long range plan for electrical systems and electrical components including:
- Design and oversight of Preventive Maintenance (PM) activity
- Obsolescence and replacement management
- Application of corporate and industry standards and procedures
- Development of turnaround scope
Develop and implement Preventive Maintenance programs for area, ensuring proper testing methods and proper testing frequencies are in place for critical electrical systems and components:
- Analyze PM data to adjust PM frequency based on record
- Implement industry best practices into HRO PM procedures
Provide Asset Team support:
- Guidance to Asset Team in relation to best practicces documented in the engineering standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Assistance to maintenance execution and troubleshooting for complex jobs and unscheduled events
- Track and report on area bad actors. Work to systematically remove defects in the system
- Development of TA scope and proactive participation in TA core teams through engineering execution support
- Leading or participating in PHAs and RCFA teams as required
Lead or represent the electrical department oversight of expense on small capital projects:
- Generates and/or reviews, and approves capital project packages within asset area
- Works to ensure proper design per engineering standards and guidelines of electrical systems.
Support HRO's development or technical competencies:
- Mentoring less experienced engineers and co-ops, participate in on-boarding process
- Perform discipline specific training to other engineers, discipline craft, and operations
Ensure integrity of engineering records associated with electrical systems:
- Ensuring correct calibration methods are maintained
- Ensuring data management system (Such as SAP, intools, Engineering drawings, etc.) remain accurate and are updated in a timely manner
- Ensuring proper MOC practices are followed for all changes
- Safe and reliable running of all electrical systems in plant
- Developing the long range plan as well as maintaining and reviewing plant electrical procedures
- Establishing the area PM and Electrical Inventory Management practices
- Oversee the implementation of electrical scope of expense, capital and general improvement projects in Asset area.
- Constructive participation in investigtion and resolution of unplanned events
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience working in manufacturing environment.