One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with thisyear's FERDINAND animated featurefilm!
An Assembly TD has two primary responsibilities. The creative aspect is assembling sets from assets provided by the modeling department and set dressing sequences, working with the Art director and various upstream departments. The technical one involves maintaining renderability, scene optimiziation, and LOD. The TD works with downstream departments to hand off sets that have been QC’d and render efficiently.
- Scene Assembly: Verifying set geometry position as the set travels from previs through to lighting.
- Grinding, rendering and troubleshooting of AssemblyLock and EnviroLock.
- Providing Design with plates for draw-overs and color keys.
- Attending sequence review sessions such as LightingLock.
- Set Dressing: Using Propagation and other tools to dress both sets and shots.
- Working with Design, Art Director and Assembly Supervisor to realize the 'look' of each set.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation required or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of production experience or demonstrated ability and related degree
- Demonstrated familiarity with major animation package (Maya, XSI, 3D Studio)
- Coding experience with Python a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage resources to achieve aesthetic goals on schedule.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
- The Assembly TD works in the production pipeline with hard deadlines and high productivity demands and, as such, flexible working hours during “crunch-periods”, including evenings and weekends, are required as a fundamental and necessary part of this job
- Office working environment
Job Number: R10002987