$80K — $100K *
Designs, fabricates, modifies, evaluates and documents molded assemblies, components, and systems to produce or improve company products and facilitate manufacturing operations. Develops data and makes preliminary sketches, lay-outs and notes required to present design proposals. Researches basic design factors such as ease of manufacture and availability of materials and equipment. Works with other organizations impacted by design development.
May perform work in a specific sub-specialty such as Automation, Mechanical Engineering, Mold Design, or Tooling. Please see addendum for specific sub-specialty requirements. This description is designed to capture the general elements of Engineering work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design and develops plastic molded sub-assemblies, components, and packaging as assigned.
· Develops and implements changes to product design and/or the manufacturing process to achieve efficiency, quality, and/or cost improvements by participating in new product development programs.
· Develops requirement specifications, system concepts, CAD generated machine layouts, detail drawings, BOM’s and budgets. Makes layouts of basic and some complex assemblies and details of parts of devices, mechanisms and structures.
· Provides customer product design engineering for economic production; may participate in meetings with customers.
· Assesses proper material, tooling, automation and equipment selection.
· Works with manufacturing to trouble-shoot problems, upgrades, retrofits, set-ups, methods development, and the development of process parameters
· Participates in product development meetings and may make recommendations to product design changes to enhance manufacturing and assembly.
· May conduct proof of concept experiments and design other testing requirements as needed.
· May develop SOP’s, operations and maintenance manuals.
· May research new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology.
· Understanding of Lean Six Sigma tools, projects and processes and ability to incorporate these into assigned engineering projects.
· Reviews completed projects for accuracy, clarity and completeness.
· Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Technical responsibility for design and development of automation requirement specification and systems concepts and installs automation and transfer automation programs to production in a smooth and timely manner.
Technical responsibility for design and production of 2D and 3D representations of plastic injection molded assemblies, components, packaging and products.
Technical responsibility for a variety of engineering work in planning and design of products, tools, engines, machines and other mechanically functioning equipment and mechanical industrial processes; oversees production, installation, operation, maintenance and repair of such equipment.
Technical responsibility for the manipulation of the molecular structure of substances used to create new material for use in products, specifically working with plastics or composites that meet certain mechanical, chemical and electrical requirements. Responsible for determining test and performance requirements. Develops test methodologies and procedures and tests materials as required.
Technical responsibility for the design and development of molds used to produce plastic assemblies, components and packaging involving environmental, mechanical and thermal limitations. May design and build prototypes. May conduct mold qualifications and validations on new molds using various experiments. Involves robust knowledge of scientific molding methodologies.
Technical responsibility for the design and development of packing materials, shipping containers, etc., for attractive and safe shipping of products under varying conditions of climate and environment, and differing modes of transportation, using lubricants, protective material, and other methods as required
Technical responsibility for designing a broad range of tools, including cutting and forming tools; designs jigs, dies, and fixtures for production or experimental use; resolves design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures and processes and costs. Applies standard mathematical formulas and standard tool engineering data to develop tool configuration and selects standard items for incorporation into tool design. Draws preliminary sketches and prepares layout and detail drawings. Modifies tool designs according to test or production service data to improve tool life or performance.
· Understands processes and has a basic understanding of various manufacturing techniques
· Basic knowledge of engineering theories, design principles and practices, and design evaluation techniques.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
Nypro Healthcare, a Jabil company, offers healthcare and pharmaceutical customers the widest array of design and manufacturing capabilities in the industry. With more than 40 years of experience, our highly specialized teams meet the complex and regulated demands of the diagnostics, medical devices and pharmaceutical markets enabling the world's leading brands to fulfill their market potential. Nypro Healthcare’s customer focused services range from ideation to device development support, engineering, supply chain optimization, vertical plastics and electronics to device assembly operations, all at our purpose-built facilities that support stringent healthcare requirements and protect our customers’ intellectual property.
Leads large and/or complex engineering projects from initiation through to completion. Coordinates project planning, staffing, progress reporting, people management and troubleshooting for engineering projects. Ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Leads the implementation of complex and/or large engineering projects, understands and drives regulatory and compliance certifications as appropriate (eg. regulatory requirements surrounding ISO9000, ISO14000, AS9100, TUV).
· Participates and may lead product or manufacturing development meetings, making recommendations for change.
· Implements best practices for equipment/manufacturing layout for maximum efficiency and cycle time optimization.
· Leads complex projects relating to new technical developments and processes.
. Controls project budget.
. Multi-tasks support for multiple customers and product lines simultaneously
. Supports high volume medical device manufacturing lines consisting of fully automated and semi-automated equipment
. Has responsibilities in continuous improvement efforts towards production yield increases and cost reductions
· Provides engineered solutions to complex equipment problems
· Delivers quotes for projects including new equipment costs, labor, maintenance costs, etc.
· Drives continuous improvement and optimization utilizing proactive methodologies and trend analysis.
· Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the teams.
· During project implementation, leads the preparation, monitoring and evaluation of equipment set-ups, manufacturing layout, and process changes and/or corrective actions.
· Assesses manufacturing and engineering capabilities; identifying and suggesting solutions for any immediate need or enhancements.
· Provides ongoing direction and training on process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
· Drives proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aids in their process improvement efforts.
· Interfaces and provides technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
· Assists Design Engineers with Design for Manufacturing issues.
. Works safely by adhering to the applicable requirements of the position
· Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures
· Knowledge and experience of engineering in a manufacturing environment
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred
· Minimum 6-8 years work-related experience required in engineering or project management related discipline.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
. Has automation skills in the mechanical, pneumatic and thermal assembly of high precision devices and in the electronic testing and confirmation of the assembly integrity.
. Is data drive. Collects, analyzes and presents timely data in a concise and logical manner to clearly define to team members the opportunities for improvement.
. Uses DMAIC and other troubleshooting techniques and skills to quickly identify solutions to manufacturing issues
. Can quickly identify cause of assembly issues and use appropriate documentation to effect corrections.
. Understands electrical and pneumatic schematics.
. Understands PLC and Vision Inspection.
Valid through: 4/19/2021