ASRC Construction, an Alaska-based design-build contractor, seeks an experienced construction Project Manager with a history of managing projects of various size and scope for both commercial and government clients throughout Alaska and the lower-48 states.
The Project Manager oversees the day-to-day management of government and private construction projects as well as assists the team with estimating new projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote shareholder hire on all projects.
- Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
- Chart out the project objectives and plans, sets performance requirements, selects project participants and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Bring about the optimum utilization of resources – labor, materials and equipment and ensures their procurement at the most cost-effective terms.
- Manage and enforce our quality control and quality assurance procedures.
- Prepare project schedules in Primavera P6 and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Ensure all required permits, licenses, insurance, clearances, etc. are procured for the project prior to mobilization.
- Ensure all required legal postings, MSDS, HazCom, wage statements, etc. are posted on the jobsite (Coordinate closely with our Safety Department and the superintendent).
- Ensure the jobsite has the workforce, materials and equipment necessary to complete the project on time and within budget.
- Visit the jobsite to inspect and provide support as needed, including projects in remote Alaska locations, the lower-48 states, and internationally.
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Responsible for project communication and documentation, as required on the contract.
- Track and report team hours and expenses on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Manage project budget, including preparing monthly job cost projections and other financial reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, monitors receivables and follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Analyzes project profitability.
- Ensure that field cost coding of labor is accurate and correct in addition to quantity reporting.
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Hold regular status meetings with project team, communicate relevant project issues.
- Direct project communication to the appropriate party.
- Communicate relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or another related field.
- Years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Ten (10) years’ experience with increasingly responsible management positions within a construction company and\or business
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office products at an intermediate level.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to obtain and maintain any clearances required for the position, including military installation access.
- Experience estimating Government and private construction projects.
- Experience utilizing USACE RMS 3.0 and other relevant project management systems.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP).
- USACE CQM Training.
- Proficient using P6, Vista, Microsoft Office, WinEst.