Members of the Transaction Services practice help clients navigate through complicated transactions and events, from evaluation through integration, in a multifaceted business environment. PwC helps clients negotiate with confidence. Some of the world's most prestigious companies rely on our buy-and-sell side due diligence capabilities and turn to us for advice on financial reporting, valuation and tax issues. We also provide advice and project management for capital raising events such as initial public offerings, secondary listings and private placements. For companies in distressed situations, we advise on crisis avoidance, financial and operational restructuring and bankruptcy.
Clients rely on PwC to help them make informed and empowered decisions to invest, divest, raise capital or reorganize. As our clients execute on their chosen strategy, our focus turns to helping them extract value.
The US Transaction Services (TS) Risk and Quality group falls within the Transaction Services practice. This practice liaises directly with client service partners and business teams to provide deals-related consulting advice and support on risk management matters in the Deals space.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Understanding risk management projects, risk management related business process systems, and oversight;
- Developing maintenance and support of risk management policy, risk and quality initiatives, and risk management-related business new business analysis with a national focus;
- Participating in Chief Risk Office (CRO) risk and quality initiatives;
- Working with TS Risk and Quality Leadership on risk management consultations;
- Developing and executing of risk and quality learning and education programs;
- Developing and executing of the annual risk and quality business plans, related budgeting and resource allocation;
- Consulting on risk management aspects of client-related new product and solution development;
- Preparing of risk management-related input to annual evaluation and promotion processes;
- Supporting the development and maintenance of risk management policy, guidance and tools;
- Utilizing project management, problem resolution, presentation and communications skills; and,
- Supervising junior staff members.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in a professional services consulting firm, including the following areas:
- Applying extensive know-how of technical accounting and financial reporting standards;
- Reinforcing firm compliance requirements and applying to client engagements;
- Deepening and broadening business know-how by understanding how it is changing and why this matters in order to articulate a relevant point of view;
- Developing and sharing a point of view on strategic business issues and trends, anticipating the impact of technology developments on client needs, and surfacing relevant behavioral patterns as potential trends;
- Integrating frameworks and models into an analytical approach to develop insight into organizations;
- Coaching team members on problem-solving techniques and guiding them to use more sophisticated tools and frameworks;
- Modelling and encouraging team members to learn about cultures that differ from their own;
- Articulating a perspective on relevant global trends and how they impact client challenges;
- Applying global industry-leading practices, global economic perspectives, and local territory cultural nuances to shape solutions and recommendations;
- Motivating others, helping them to understand and visualize goals;
- Helping others plan their development;
- Displaying respect and fairness when managing others, bringing conflict into the open to enhance the quality of decisions and team effectiveness;
- Evaluating the performance of team members on the basis of merit and skill, addressing performance issues in-the-moment;
- Building and sustaining relationships to create exceptional client and people experience;
- Helping team members determine the impact of their communication styles on others and coach their abilities to collaborate with and respond to clients and individuals;
- Targeting and expanding a network of internal and external relationships;
- Demonstrating integrity, ethical decision-making and behaviors that build trust across teams and with clients; and,
- Creating an environment that encourages improvement, innovation, and inclusion, and challenges traditional approaches.