We are looking for ASP Dot NET Software Developer for our client in Malden, MA
Job Title: ASP Dot NET Software Developer
Job Location: Malden, MA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The client is seeking an Software Developer to add to the application development/support team.
- This person will be responsible for developing new code and supporting existing code hosted across the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) and the Department of Higher Education (DHE) website properties. This position will work with stakeholders and the development team to design develop and support .Net code using industry standard practices and tools.
- The client IT follows a lean/agile development methodology.
- They will also have experience in all phases of software development – design, development, unit test, QA test support and defect remediation.
- The Senior .NET Software developer is responsible for collaborating with the EOE/DESE/EEC/DHE Organization, Project Managers, Architect, Business Analysts, and Quality Assurance, in the process of creating software deliverables and artifacts.
- As a member of the team, you must adhere to the organization's methodologies and standards, and propose improvements based on software development best practices.
- Daily usage of the following tools: Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017, Team Foundation Server and SQL Server Management Studio
- Participation in full software development lifecycle including requirements analysis and design, working closely with analyst, design and QA personnel
- Strong knowledge in multi-tier Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Solid understanding of design patterns
- Proactively raise issues and offer solutions.
- Participate in daily scrum meeting to discuss current tasks and status.
- Submit weekly status reports.
Education and Experience Level:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree with a major in software engineering, computer science, information systems, or a related field.
- Thorough knowledge of tools and processes used in the Software Development Lifecycle Process.
- Proven record of accomplishment working on large-scale projects with diverse stakeholders and with cross-functional teams.
- 7+ years of experience as a full stack using VB and C#.
- 7+ years of experience hands-on knowledge of SQL Server
- Knowledge in OO development principles, multi-tier web application design and relational database principles
- 5+ years working with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to learn
- Excellent written/verbal communication & documentation skills.
- Experience related to K-12 education/curriculum standards would be a plus.
- Experience with cloud solutions/technologies, specifically AWS is also a plus.
- Ability to adjust to changing situations to address emergencies, program changes, or production requirements.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Sensitivity to interpersonal, organizational and political challenges, and an understanding of how to navigate them effectively.
- Ability to work independently and in an agile manner.
- Ability to switch focus based on changing priorities.