About Us At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward. Primary ResponsibilitiesThe primary responsibility of the ASMEC Civil Section Manager is to manage the operational activities of the Phoenix ASMEC Civil Section in support of the larger operational goals of the Desert Southwest Area. Operational activities include technical leadership, staff development, work load distribution, profitability, morale, quality control, and marketing support. The ASMEC Civil Section Manager will be responsible for performing the following activities and tasks:
- Prepare/review civil engineering scope of work and budgets/estimates for proposals and track civil engineering budget status throughout the course of each project.
- Schedule and coordinate all work performed by ASMEC Phoenix Civil Section to achieve the utilization goals established for the section.
- Communicate with section staff and project managers across the company to maintain sufficient workload for the ASMEC Phoenix Civil Section.
- Establish work priorities for the Civil Section.
- Monitor scope of work and scope changes.
- Facilitate and encourage communication with other disciplines.
- Conduct interviews, hire new staff, and provide new employee mentoring, as needed.
- Establish employee goals and conduct employee performance reviews.
- Schedule and conduct meetings within the civil section to discuss productivity, work load, and quality control issues.
- Advance the skill level of personnel through training, education, experience, etc.
- Coordinate with other civil section managers throughout HDR to review workload, project status, and staffing requirements.
- Monitor changes in codes, regulations, and client standards. Implement required changes into the design standards, procedures, and deliverables prepared by the Civil Section.
- Perform quality control reviews of civil staff design projects.
- Perform project engineer duties when required.
*LI-JF1Keywords: civil, section manager, site design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- PE License in State of Arizona or ability to obtain PE License in State of Arizona within 60 days of employment start date.
- 10+ years of civil engineering experience as it relates to building site design.
- Experience in preparing design calculations, specifications, and construction drawings for industrial, commercial, and federal projects.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage several concurrent project schedules.
- Ability to interact with design and construction teams in a positive and proactive manner.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.