Req. ID: 118922
As an ASIC Physical Design Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be involved with the physical implementation of high speed, complex integrated circuit designs. You will be tasked with understanding digital and analog design elements and to work as a team to solve tough physical integration challenges. You will have the opportunity to contribute to all aspects of physical design from synthesis through physical verification. You will work directly with analog and digital design engineers to define system level macro block layout, clocking architectures and power structures.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- 5+ years IC design experience
- Experience with ASIC physical design using automated synthesis, placement, routing and verification tools
- Ability to understand advanced digital design architectures and clocking structures to help manage timing and physical design constraints
- Ability to work with digital and analog circuit designers to analyze and explore physical implementation options for complex designs integrating standard cell logic with high speed custom interface circuits
- Experience using static timing, signal integrity and power analysis tools using a standard cell design flow
- DRC/LVS verification experience with full chip layouts using physical verification tools
- Familiarity with Cadence Encounter tools is an asset
- Experience with physical design methodologies and TCL scripting is required
- Experience with low power design flows at advanced process nodes is a benefit
- Previous digital design and RTL coding experience a plus
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to other design peers in verbal and written form
- A high level of self-motivation and the ability to be a self-starter
A related 4-year technical degree.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
Keywords: Minneapolis || Minnesota (US-MN) || United States (US) || ACG (Advanced Controller Group) || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-LA1 ||
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Engineer, Design Engineer, Compliance, Engineering, Legal