The Tactical Networks Group specializes in advanced network and communications systems development, with a focus on rapid prototyping of radical next-generation tactical mobile, military airborne communications systems.See More
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Tactical Networks Group is seeking to hire an ASIC/FPGA design verification engineer that will participate in the verification effort of wireless communications systems. The group is developing novel new architectures and waveforms and is looking to add to the team that will prototype and field test the technologies. This individual will be a key member of the hardware team, working closely with the designers to develop the verification environment, test plans and functionality of the ASIC and FPGA Designs.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active secret clearance
• Ph.D. plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science plus 8 years' experience or BS and 10+ years' experience
• Experience in going through several complete and successful ASIC/FPGA design/verification cycles from architecting and creation of FPGA/ASIC test environment to demonstration on hardware
• In-depth understanding of digital signal processing algorithms relevant to communications
• Solid verification skills, which includes planning, debugging, random testing, black box testing and adversarial testing for ASIC and Xilinx FPGAs and Vivado
• Solid verification experience working with VHDL Designs using VHDL or System Verilog
• Strong “C/C++” and scripting (TCL and Python preferred) experience
• Experience in Test plan definition, Test bench design and development, coverage specification and analysis and automation of the regression test suite
• Proficient in OS-VVM, UVM, or other functional verification methodologies
• ASIC verification experience
• Strong understanding of fundamentals of wireless digital communications systems and all PHY processes from “data in” to “baseband I/Q out” – Be able to clearly articulate the function of all digital blocks in a typical communications chain (encoders, modulators, correlators, matrix arithmetic, etc.).
• Experience with MATLAB is a plus
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA 02420
• Travel: Infrequent
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI). Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Valid through: 8/15/2020