Job Description :
ASIC & FPGA development on R&D program. Emerging architect for FPGA development that includes digital signal processing (DSP), high speed digital design, high speed communication and system-on-chip (SOC) architecture .Develop complex technical solutions requiring past performance demonstrating innovative approaches.
Provide support and technical direction to junior engineers. Work closely with multiple disciplines supporting IRAD initiatives.
Contribute to design, simulation, verification, integration & test of multiple products. Member of small development team consisting of Hardware, Software, ASIC & FPGA, and circuit card designers. Participate in key technical reviews, providing detailed concepts and algorithms.
Work to be performed with little management oversight. Experienced in working IRAD efforts and interaction with leaders and cross discipline groups on technical matters.
- FPGA & ASIC Design experience.
- Language Proficient in VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog for FPGA
- Development; proficiency in C/C++ for embedded systems.
- FPGA development that includes high speed digital design, high speed communication and system-on-chip (SOC) architectures.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working on aerospace/defense programs with aggressive schedule, cost and technical challenges.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and testing DSP/Algorithms for communications systems.
- Experience in the architecture definition, design, debug and test of FPGA devices used in high reliability applications with minimal technical oversight.
- Must have successfully completed high complexity designs from concept to production.
- HDL programming experience with VHDL, Verilog, or SystemVerilog for synthesis.
- Experience using MS office products is preferred.
- Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working a flexible schedule in a small, high performance team to achieve aggressive, quick-turn demonstrations.
- Experienced in developing FPGAs/ASICs for high-reliability applications in space environments.
- Experience evaluating IP cores from multiple vendors and performing trade studies to determine optimal solution.
- Experience with Mathworks Matlab/Simulink and HDL Coder for FPGA development.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics Modelsim or Questasim, Synopsys Synplify Pro, Xilinx ISE and/or Vivado, Microsemi Libero IDE and/or Libero SoC.
- Experience developing with Xilinx Virtex-5QV (SIRF), Microsemi antifuse (RTSX and/or RTAX) and SoC (RTG4) devices and Xilinx 7-series or newer devices.
- Experience with AMBA architectures and IP cores.
- Experience with digital and analog circuit design, schematic, through layout, CCA build, test development and CCA testing
- Experience mentoring engineers