As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop and execute commercial quality processes for the design, test and manufacture of launch vehicles, spacecraft, and related technologies. You will be responsible to drive quality products throughout the organization by maintaining a corporate culture that emphasizes accountability, discipline, and attention to detail at all levels. You must have a passion for solving complex problems and providing operable solutions; act with minimal direction and on your own initiative; and be adaptable as you will work on a variety of applications and systems. We are looking for an individual that can drive audit requirements across design, manufacturing, and launch processes in support of sub-orbital and orbital launch operations. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Evaluate design, production, and launch processes for compliance within quality management system requirements
- Develop process health assessment methodology and internal audit plan, serving as the lead auditor
- Plan, schedule, and conduct process health assessments and internal audits for compliance with industry standards and provide ongoing objective evaluations of processes and documentation
- Conduct follow-up and compliance audits to ensure process improvement and corrective / preventive action implementation and effectiveness
- Generate detailed audit reports identifying deficiencies to provide data for use in the correction of potential problems and to meeting requirements of regulatory agencies and document object evidence of the discrepancies
- Prepare audit reports and conduct audit briefings upon completion of audits
- Recommends and coordinates appropriate corrective action to quality deficiencies within Blue Origin or externally
- Prepares accurate and timely reports of all audit findings which are representing of the quality performance of the item under audit, to enable Blue Origin to maintain its quality system
- Maintain a system of tracking all aspects of the audits including planning, scheduling, corrective action tracking and completion based on the audit schedule
- Create training materials and a training program to build quality system awareness and process health assessment competencies
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science or 15+ years industry experience in QMS
- 10+ years of AS9100 or ISO9001 auditing experience within a manufacturing environment
- Able to identify problems, perform root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Exceptional listening, communication, and presentation skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Certified as AS9100D / ISO9001 / APQP Lead Auditor
- Experience with external audit, supporting USG Compliance
- Aerospace, space launch, or military or commercial aviation preferred
- American Society of Quality, Certified Quality Engineer certification
- Quality engineering or manufacturing engineering experience in either development or production environment
- Six Sigma Green, Black Belt, or comparable certification
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer . In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.