Yamaha has endeavored to produce products and services that satisfy the diverse needs and desires of people worldwide. Its products and services are recognized for superior quality in acoustics, design, technology, craftsmanship, and customer oriented services. These products and services under the brand name of Yamaha are highly regarded by a large number of professionals, institutions, business people within the related industries, and consumers! Yamaha's corporate objective is reflected in everything that it does, which is to contribute to the enrichment of the quality of lives for people around the world.
The Artist Relations (AR) Specialist will focus on the development of new relationships in coordination with our existing Artist Services departments in Nashville and Los Angeles.
This position is crucial to building value of the brand and credibility for Yamaha Guitars & Line 6 Guitar products in and around the Nashville market. The AR Specialist will report directly to the Guitar Artist Relations Director to liaise between the Nashville artist community and the product marketing initiatives of the new Yamaha Guitar Division.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day artist relations activities and communications, making sure Yamaha artists have the tools they need and are receiving the VIP support they expect.
- Seek out new artist related opportunities that build value for the Yamaha brand and deliver credibility to the products we create and bring to the market.
- Develop artist stories and content into compelling material for internal and external distribution including a variety of consumer facing communications such as web, video, PR, social media, etc.
- Act as the primary liaison between Yamaha and artists and coordinate their participation in Nashville regional events and trade shows.
- Grow and maintain a robust and detailed database of artist contacts.
- Build a sense of community amongst the Yamaha artist roster thru artist focused communications, social media, ETC.
- 10 years experience with guitar and bass products and/or playing experience.
- 5 years of Artist Relations and Public Relations experience.
- Proven ability to develop and foster genuine and open relationships with artists.
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships leverage resources to support artist initiatives and achieve the overarching Yamaha AR goals.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external contacts.
- Exceptional planning and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and activities while maintaining attention to detail.
- A musician / audio background that helps build credibility with artists and can identify and relate to their projects and needs.
- A creative and resourceful problem solver.
- Ability to represent the brand in a polished and professional manner.
- Familiarity with Yamaha products a plus.
- Requires that you have vehicle to visit artists on location, in studio, and meetings in the Nashville area.
- TravelRequired. Up to 50% of the time with the potential to travel outside of the Nashville area to attend meetings in Los Angeles, CA and other cities when needed.