Job Description : The Artificial Intelligence (AI) team at LM RMS is focused on the research & development of technologies that will enable the next generation of unmanned and fully autonomous systems for both defense and commercial customers.
Our focus is on accelerating the understanding and maturity of AI algorithms through rapid prototyping and flight testing. We practice throwaway and evolutionary prototyping which provides a mechanism for learning how to build increasingly complex – and capable – unmanned systems.
The research engineering (RE) role is a mix of hands-on software/hardware engineer and research scientist. The RE is provided time to maintain up-to-date knowledge on modern AI research and can develop small projects around the seed of a good idea which may blossom into a major project, or component of a major project, for the team.
The ideal candidate for this position is a hands-on, passionate person who enjoys fast moving development cycles spanning from research to flight test in the order of months. The position will require travel for field/flight testing and conferences.
** Experience can be used as a substitute for the education credentials listed under "Typical Minimums" **
* Extensive programming experience with either Python or C++. Please be prepared to write code at the interview!
* Very strong grasp of software & robotics architecture concepts (experience with multiple paradigms, familiar with common patterns, etc.) and a strong algorithms/data structures background.
* Demonstrated history of building prototypes. Please be prepared to describe previous projects in detail (professional and/or personal side projects are both valuable and relevant)!
* Experience applying modern computer vision or RF signal processing to real sensor collections
* Background building systems with a major machine learning library such as scikit-learn or Spark
* Background in applying deep learning to real problems and knowledge of a major framework such as mxnet or PyTorch
* Understanding of sensors (e.g. LIDAR, SAR, EO/IR, etc.) and a background in sensor fusion
* Background in high-performance computing (ideally CUDA)
embedded HPC especially desired
* Software defined radio experience
* GNU Radio or Robot Operating System knowledge