At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Innovation Group develops new and innovative solutions for customers and team members. This enterprise team focuses on delivering next-generation customer-inspired technologies, products, and services. By allowing customers to work with Wells Fargo when, where, and how they want to, the team helps the company stay competitive by being responsive to customers’ needs.
The Artificial Intelligence Enterprise Solutions group, part of the broader Innovation Group at Wells Fargo, was formed in early 2017 with the mandate to enable the enterprise to leverage the full capabilities of AI for delivering insightful and personalized experiences for customers and team members, driving greater operational efficiency, and better managing risk.
One of our major areas of focus in the AI space is delivering chatbot and virtual assistant experiences, through a variety of channels and spanning a number of topics. The Bot Optimization Team Lead is essentially an operational management role; the primary responsibility is to ensure the health, accuracy, quality and success of the conversational experiences that are occurring in production. You, and the team of “Bot Optimizers” that you build and grow over time, will monitor the chatbot operational reports and dashboards looking for failed or mis-matched utterances and other such issues, and will use the chatbot platform tools to modify the conversation flow, improve the seed utterances, re-train the classifier, and so forth in order to address the issues. This role will partner closely with the Conversational Design Team Lead, and the Bot Platform Product Manager, among others.
This is an opportunity to join a start-up within a large organization. Be flexible and adaptable – this is an evolving space, we’re going to learn, things will change. Be curious and creative – help us find solutions and chart the course. Be action-oriented – we need to roll up our sleeves, work hard, and get a lot done. Need to be willing to act as an individual contributor or a “hands-on doer” manager for the near future; at some point the team may become large enough that this lead role becomes primarily supervisory, however we are too early on to predict that with certainty.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 5+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Operations leadership experience- responsible for the monitoring and quality of a live production
- Experience with Chatbots or Virtual Assistants
- Familiar with Chatbot conversational design and implementation principles
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing, classifiers
- Technical background and understanding
- Creative thinking; great at brainstorming, ultimately helping turn ideas into action
- Organized, diligent and strong attention to detail
- Leader and team player
- Occasional travel, especially if not based in San Francisco
- Beyond experience, the right personal integrity, style and attitude are critical to success in this role
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic
- Proactive innovator, motivator and change agent - able to effectively and constructively lead change in an organization
- Collaborative, influential and highly self-aware, find solutions