Conducts highly specialized, vital activities regarding the design, implementation and maintenance of the organization’s application and/or IT infrastructure.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential functions)
- Conceptualizes, models, and guides the logical design and development of systems
- architectures, and defines key systems capabilities and performance requirements.
- Defines total systems design, technology, and interface operational concepts.
- Designs and develops system architectures and defines key capabilities and performance requirements.
- Develops system element architecture and design and interface definitions.
- Defines system implementation approach and operational concept.
- Develops models and architectural guidelines for current and future system development.
- Designs and develops IT architecture (integrated process, applications, data and technology) solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards
- Performs technical planning, architecture development and modification of specifications
- Develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings
- Assesses the compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as standards in order to ensure an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies.
- Provide an architectural framework for information system development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts.
- Understand user and process requirements and ensure those requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables.
- Work closely with developers and engineers to develop road maps for applications, align development plans, and to ensure effective integration among information systems and the IT infrastructure.
- Monitor technological advancements to ensure that solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements.
- Understand the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluate the impact of changes or additions.
- Analyze systems and perform usability testing to ensure performance and reliability, enhance scalability, and meet security requirements.
- May act as a technical project leader or provide work leadership for lower level employees.
- Recognized as an expert in mission area; influences best practices within the discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience
- 2+ years’ experience designing/managing AI/ML systems
- 2+ years’ experience in Linux/UNIX
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance with eligibility for DIA-SCI access. Candidate selected must successfully pass a DIA CI polygraph within 60 days of hire
- Security+ Certification required within 90 days of hire
- Working knowledge of desktop applications including word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs
- Good communication skills
- Master’s degree in related field
- Experience/understanding of Ethernet and InfiniBand networking
- Experience with GPU and HPC systems
- Experience building containers for HPC and Cloud environments
- Experience with Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker, Jupyter Notebook, Julia, MongoDB, Apache Spark, TensorFlow, PyTorch & MATLAB
- Programming experience with C, C++, Perl, Python, CUDA & Shell Scripting
- Active DOD TS/SCI with DIA CI Poly
- Current Security+ Certification