Fairchild Fashion Media—the parent to the leading fashion and beauty brands of WWD and Beauty Inc—is seeking an art director for its editorial department in our Midtown Manhattan headquarters. The art director will lead the art department to conceptualize and execute the look and feel of multiple Fairchild editorial properties, including a website, a digital newspaper and a magazine. This position requires a thought-leader in design, magazine structure and storytelling. Strong ideation and hands-on design skills are a must. This is the perfect position for someone who is ready to take on a more senior role in the creation of beautiful and engaging editorial products. Must work closely with existing art department designers as well as editors and department heads to develop original design concepts and oversee multiple projects as necessary.
- Accomplished designer with strong attention to detail and love of type
- Hands-on magazine and web designer. Adept at both print magazine structure and UX/UI.
- Help nurture a team approach and a creative environment conducive to taking risks and advancing the brand in a competitive space
- Excellent communication skills and know how to talk through editorial ideas in a lively, collaborative environment
- Strong network of industry connections across photography, illustration and infographics
- Work closely with UX and Product teams to direct the translation of print layouts into dynamic digital formats
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Interest in fashion and fashion related fields