ABOUT THE ROLE
The position of Social Media Art Director will be responsible for how Banana Republic is visually represented through our social channels. This role must exhibit a passion for storytelling, fashion, video and photography as well as being a true cultural thought-leader. As a visual guardian of our brand across social, this role will be focused on understanding the competitive digital landscape and elevating our brand aesthetic. A storyteller at heart, a successful candidate will excel at weaving together culture, product messaging and overall brand vision to create visually exciting narratives that engage our customer across a multitude social media channels.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Understands the brand vision and crafts unique storytelling experiences for social.
- Brings and maintains brand relevance to the consumer.
- Collaborates with key cross-functional partners and external agencies to ensure that concepts meet business needs and ensure strategic and tactical creative objectives are met.
- Delivers exceptional creative in all vehicles, on time and integrated with seasonal briefs.
- Drives team to creative excellence with on-brand, innovative visuals.
- Maintain visual and conceptual consistency across all social platforms
- Conceptualize break through digital creative that is modern and disruptive with dynamic storytelling.
- Collaborates with peers to concept social creative that supports the overall branding and marketing objectives.
- Researches competitive landscape across global markets to identify seasonal trends, fashion trends, artistic inspiration and references.
- Ability to work within the brand's established visual guidelines.
- Enforces and evolves the brand voice and identity over time.
- Works with in-house photo art directors to ensure quality and consistency.
- Client presentation experience, with the ability to articulate ideas.
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years experience in a fashion, editorial, retail and/or advertising environment.
- Good interpersonal, management, and presentation skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, with motion and editing experience.
- Must be well-versed in social media platforms and up to date on emerging platforms and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to execute large scale campaign level work.
- Ability to work within the established budget and time constraints.
- Skilled at building stakeholder buy-in.
- Super attentive to detail while being able to break free from day-to-day strategic shifts.
- Experienced at working in large entities with complex organizational structures.
Candidates must include a link to their portfolio to be considered.
- BENEFITS AT BANANA REPUBLICMerchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*