Smule is on a mission to bring the world together through music. Music is much more than listening… it's about creating, sharing, discovering, participating, and connecting with people. With 50 million monthly active users creating over 20 million songs every day, Smule is connecting people all over the world through the joy of making music, and transforming the music landscape from one of passive listening to collaborative creative expression and active engagement.
You’ll report to the Creative Director and join a newly formed creative design team working to build the Smule Brand to a massive global scale. As part of the creative design team, you’ll work collaboratively with product designers and work cross-functionally with marketing, growth and product teams. You’ll develop and articulate the brand visual language and create memorable, strategic communications and designs across all touch points.
This is a full-time position. Applicants that apply without a portfolio will not be considered.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Strategically implement a combination of conceptual and design skills.
- Inspire and embrace challenges and new ways of thinking.
- Create original, persuasive and compelling work for campaigns, content and experiences across multiple mediums.
- Collaborate with the broader design and marketing teams to help communicate and expand the brand design and visual language.
- Ensure consistency across all consumer touch points while executing against the brand strategy.
- Help guide junior and production designers.
- Provide art direction, design and creative support across all departments.
- Participate in strategic and conceptual brainstorms
- Participate in developing design and brand guidelines.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience in an ad agency or in-house creative department
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high quality of art direction and design across multiple mediums within a variety of campaigns and projects.
- A conceptual and strategic thinker.
- A versatile and dynamic designer.
- A passionate collaborator.
- Someone who can work across multiple mediums.
- Someone who sweats the details and thrives on organization.
- A driven self-starter with strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Someone who can keep their cool under pressure and when handling multiple projects.
- Someone who takes constructive criticism with ease and grace