You will know, think, feel and understand this brand like few others. You will be the Brand Creative Champion, the Design Rebel on the Nature’s Path Creative Team. You continuously come up with concepts and will keep pushing to create outstanding creative, never settling for mediocrity. We are not seeking individuals who design financial institution pamphlets and collateral.
You take a project on and see it through, rolling up your sleeves or collaborating with the team, whatever it takes. You’ll define, design, describe, and defend our design standards within the organization. With a focus on Digital Communications & Advertising, you'll champion the solution throughout the organization, creating impactful creative that will drive awareness and engagement on all channels. Working with our in-house team, including copywriters or ideating on your own, you can develop outstanding creative concepts. You'll also work closely with external creative agencies and other vendors when required.
- Lead the conceptualization and execution of compelling creative work that will intrigue, engage, evoke emotions and initiate action – through social, digital media, print and other channels of communications.
- Develop Nature’s Path brand personality and visual representation for all formats, including graphic design, photography and videography.
- As outlined by key stakeholders, help define the opportunity and/or problem to be solved, re-define it in a Creative Brief, and create and design a solution that fits the project need.
- Represent the creative perspective of the Nature’s Path brand & manage relationships both within the business and any external partners including Design Agencies, Photographers, Illustrators, Videographers etc.
- Develop and maintain the Brand Standards Guide for all communication design applications.
- Create advertising and design concepts (driven by market trend, brand relevance and business objectives) and continuously evolve the brand’s aesthetic.
- Review proposed concepts to assess their validity and appropriateness for your brand, ensuing they are also on brief, on time and on budget.
Leadership Skills Required
- Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions.
- Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
- Able to explain and defend rationale for proposed solutions from a creative concept and design perspective.
- Be able to work well in a team environment, working to a common goal not individual success, inspire others to think the same.
- Know when to lean in and defend the art direction or design and when to hold back for the greater goal.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in an advertising agency would be an essential asset.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat).
- Working knowledge of Premiere, Final Cut, After Effects an asset.
- Successful record of pitching concepts and ideas to clients and/or senior leadership, and developing creative into final campaign deliverables.
- Experience collaborating with copywriters to develop concepts for ads, marketing campaigns, and social content.
- Understanding of digital technologies, trends and the overall field of creative industry.
- Experience in video production, and photoshoot art direction, managing the processes from brief to shoot/execution to final edit and approval.
- Ideally have knowledge of packaged food industry, the natural/organic sector preferred.
- Project management skills and ability to lead and direct outside resources.
- Ability to manage multiple projects on various levels with different and converging timelines.
- Strong interpersonal, consensus-building skills, with the ability to communicate and achieve results across multiple audiences in a complex organizational structure.
- Can think quickly, be decisive under pressure, and motivate and engage the team to produce the best possible results.
- Up on current design trends, both in the industry and in the world at large.
- Portfolio of your creative work is required.
- Graduation from a recognized university or college with a specialization in graphic design or advertising communications, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5-10 years’ graphic design experience in creating innovative ad concepts and design solutions. Agency experience preferred.
- Must be able to present/defend a creative rationale for design solutions, and have experience presenting work.
- Must have the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, and as part of a team.
- Has the initiative to source information and gather answers to questions pertinent to the success of the project.