The Art Director will work closely with the Creative Director to lead development of creative concepts and design vision, shaping marketing communications for Barstool Sportsbook. You’ll be an aesthetic tastemaker for our team, crafting integrated creative work across all media. You will partner with the Senior Designer and cross-functional colleagues across the business to conceptualize and execute world class creative solutions, setting the bar for visual storytelling.
You're passionate about brand building, storytelling, and simplifying the complex into compelling visual solutions. You efficiently balance big picture thinking with a highly refined execution. You love collaborating with marketers from all backgrounds to drive the business forward through inspiring, strategic creative. You’re incredibly attentive to detail, able to pivot nimbly in a fast-paced environment while not missing a beat. Passionate about the PI’s mission and impact and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Responsible for the development of Barstool Sports’ marketing creative assets across owned, paid and partner marketing channels.
- Develop and lead 360 creative campaigns and experiences across both print and digital mediums (Specialization in the digital landscape and video – paid social and display, email, landing pages).
- Direct photo and video production to guide art direction, quality, consistency, and curation of visual storytelling.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners across marketing, product, and PNG design departments.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve processes and elevate the quality of work in our growing team.
- Tackle complex problems with clear, distinctive creative solutions that enhance Barstool Sports’ outstanding offerings, expertly communicating upward and outward.
- Mentor and manage more junior creative staff.
- Collaborate with other members of the marketing, product teams and media side of Barstool Sports to ensure assets are aligned
- Participate and lead brainstorms, communicate concepts and take direction and feedback
- Keep up-to-date on the latest cultural trends
- Own and communicate a creative POV that sets a high bar
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Bachelor's degree (preferably from an advertising or portfolio school), or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years of art direction experience within an agency or in-house, developing breakthrough brand and marketing campaigns
- 2+ years in a senior level role leading projects and managing designers
- Strong portfolio showcasing brilliant ideas and beautiful execution
- Passion for working with other departments and presenting creative in an engaging way
- Strong knowledge of content creation, storyboarding and production process
- In-depth understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, etc.), and Keynote
- Intimate knowledge of creative standards across modern platforms and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to understand business goals alongside creative goals
- Knowledgeable about sports with relevant work in sports or related brands
- Extra Superpowers: Experience with copywriting and creative strategy