The role of the Art Director, Social Creative Strategy is to create concepts that can be developed into executions across multiple brands and projects. The Art Director will report to the Associate Creative Director, Social Creative Strategy. This person will collaborate with the greater social creative team to concept and innovate ideas to maintain a cohesive and consistent brand voice. This person will lead brainstorms, direct photo shoots, and execute creative, all in an effort to bring to life a brand’s social strategy. To ensure that ideas are fully developed and visual aesthetics are of the highest quality, the Art Director will work in tandem with the Associate Creative Director, Social Creative Strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
50% - Design & Execution
35% - Strategic Thinking and Concept Ideating
10% - Team Support
5% - Client Relations
- Supports concepts and layouts with clear rationale and maintains ownership of work from ideation to launch
- Collaborates with the team to construct innovative ideas for clients.
- Partners with Content Strategists to develop concepts and associated execution strategies for their specified brands from both the creative and strategic angles.
- Collaborates with various members of the team to deliver a range of superior creative executions.
- Responsible for the design execution for multiple brands across an array of social platforms.
- Be a thought-leader in team meetings.
- Facilitate productive brainstorms with the team to develop strategic concepts.
- Develop unique and interesting executions within the social media landscape.
- Communicate to the client our creative perspective and processes when required.
- Participate in client presentations with the creative strategy team.
- Is open to learning new processes and tools to help assist ideation and content creation.
- Responsible for supporting at least one Designer, Junior Designer and/or Junior Art Director.
- Providing actionable and constructive feedback when necessary.
- Keeps creative team up-to-date with new processes and tools.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- 3-5 years experience in digital design and art direction, preferably with an agency background.
- Must have a solid understanding and desire to keep up to date with innovation, industry, and design trends.
- High design aesthetics, typography, great taste, and interest in developing art direction and concepting skills to the highest level.
- A wide-understanding of design and art direction as it pertains to social strategy and execution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to convey ideas and direction.
- Confidence in presenting to colleagues and clients.
- Knowledgeable across all social platforms while expanding skills to fit an ever-changing landscape.
- Proficient in the Adobe suite focusing on InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects.
- Experienced in leading and participating in photo shoots, using DSLRs and post-production techniques.
Certificates, licenses and registrations
- There are no requirements for certificates, licenses and registrations.
Physical Activity and Work Environment
- Position may involve light physical activity pertaining to photo shoots. This includes lifting tripods, sandbags and props or balancing on step stools for extended periods of time.